Anthropophobia

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Teddy_Todd

Anthropophobia

Postby Teddy_Todd » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:51 am

Not to be confused with Xenophobia it’s the fear of other people.

Regardless of the situation or relation to me I fear people. I can’t be in a room with someone for over 2 hours without a break or being drunk. Not in the sense that social situations make me uncomfortable more people are uncomfortable. My parents and siblings scare me as much as a stranger and forcing myself to be present on anything because I don’t want to be crippling alone since it’s the only thing that makes me feel human anymore. I don’t know how to overcome it

https://www.verywellmind.com/anthropophobia-2671732

Sadinatura

Re: Anthropophobia

Postby Sadinatura » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm

hey man, I'm sorry that must suck. Maybe if you spend some time with someone who may make you 'more' comfortable you may warm up to them and then maybe sooner or later more people you may trust.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Anthropophobia

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Teddy_Todd wrote:Not to be confused with Xenophobia it’s the fear of other people.

Regardless of the situation or relation to me I fear people. I can’t be in a room with someone for over 2 hours without a break or being drunk. Not in the sense that social situations make me uncomfortable more people are uncomfortable. My parents and siblings scare me as much as a stranger and forcing myself to be present on anything because I don’t want to be crippling alone since it’s the only thing that makes me feel human anymore. I don’t know how to overcome it

https://www.verywellmind.com/anthropophobia-2671732

You should remember everyone is the same and share the same qualities of nature. I think you should confront your fears, by exposing yourself emotionally to your family, and then take it from there.

Return to “Phobias”