About me

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

hyperion_fragmented

About me

Postby hyperion_fragmented » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi. This is the place for profile type things? Well, I'm a classically trained vocalist and self-taught guitarist, playing mostly acoustic covers of grunge, metal and alternative music. I'm also a self-taught web site programmer and linux enthusiast, amateur woodworker, back yard auto mechanic. I have a BA in music and a BS in anthropology, but I can't use either of them, partly because of agorophobia and anxiety, and partly because they're both useless at the baccelauriate level. I spent 10 years homeless in Boston, MA, USA.

riley

Postby riley » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi,
Wow nice accomplishments you have there.
What kind of music do you listen to?

hyperion_fragmented

Postby hyperion_fragmented » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi, Riley.

I listen to pretty much everything made before about the turn of the century except rap and most country music. I haven't found much made this century that I like that anyone outside the area I live in would have heard of, but the small city I live in has a lot of good local music, and I get to hear a lot of it because the few friends I have are all either working musicians or married to working musicians, and they bring me CDs.

I'm a huge fan of flamenco guitar music, but can't even come close to playing it. Most of what I listen to on a daily basis is grunge and the more melodic metal. And I love folk music from pretty much anywhere, but especially Ireland, Scotland and northern Spain, China and the Middle East. I can't understand the lyircs for the Chinese and Middle Eastern music, of course, but I love the sound and feel of it.

But what I listen to most is Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Days of the New. Especially Days of the New. What Travis Meeks does with an acoustic guitar can almost bring tears to my eyes.

riley

Postby riley » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 pm

I've heard of a couple of those. I'm really into indie right now.

Radical Face, Sea Wolf, and The xx

Return to “Profiles”