Pleased to meet you

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JulesK

Pleased to meet you

Postby JulesK » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 am

Hello everyone. 43 yo, currently going through my third and longest MDE. I regard depression as a bully that has somehow taken up residence in my head. I know it sounds strange, but it helps me fight back. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Jazminetta

Postby Jazminetta » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am

Welcome Jules :)

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Welcome Jules

Destination

Re: Pleased to meet you

Postby Destination » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:11 pm

JulesK wrote:I regard depression as a bully that has somehow taken up residence in my head.

Thats a cool way to think about it JulesK. I remember that commercial where this girl was getting followed around constantly by that little depression cloud.

It really does feel like depression is a bully. If depression was a person it would be the kind of person that is always saying stuff to bring you down. "You'll never be good enough to do that" "Look in the mirror, seriously? You were hoping you'd actually be pretty??" "What you're thinking is wrong."

It would have the droning voice of a nag who never has anything good to say about anyone and makes you unsure of everything you try to do.

Fighting back is the only way to do it I think. I figure if I have to take meds or see a therapist, then I will just do it, because its all part of fighting back and not letting that nagging voice of gloom win.

Kudos to you my dear!

balcony

Postby balcony » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi JulesK, welcome to the forums. I hope you feel better soon and you can find support and comfort here. You might want to check out our Chat room as well. Chat is another opportunity to share and exchange information with others. Good luck and take care

Return to “New Member Introductions”