New to this

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Boldelly

New to this

Postby Boldelly » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi I am 43 year old mother of 2 biological kids and 1 nephew who I have raised off and on since he was 8 months old. I am divorced and receive no help from their dad. My nephew's mom does very little to help as she is addicted to crack. I stay depressed a lot of the time and sink into to these debilitating depressions. My other two kids are 20 and 18. My son who is 20 goes to college and lives at home and he has a heart condition. My daughter is 18 and still in high school. She was diagnosed with cancer at 16 and just Thursday we were told she is in remission. I know I should be happy and I am, but I am so depressed at the same time. I usually have very little money, just enough to pay bills and that is it. I have to ask my parents for help alot of the time and they are retired and should be finished helping me, so I have a lot of guilt as far as that goes.

I take Xanax, Celexa, and Wellbutrin for my depression and it does help to some extent or I don't know what I would be like. I have guilt that my kids have a mom like me and a lot of the time I wish I was not here on this earth.

Am I the only one who feels this so strongly, I mean the depression and how do I get rid of it. I have suffered depression most of my life and some times it is better than others.

Well that is about it for my introduction, WOW what an introduction, huh.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:46 pm

You should never feel guilty to having depression and raising kids.. Depression is a very common thing to have and I'm sure your kids are old enough to understand depression and will never think less of you. You are doing a great job, raising 2 of your own and one being your nephew. Sorry to hear the news of your daughter and son, thats hard enough to have to go through. Instead of focusing on your guilt, maybe you should all support each other and be there together through this rough patch in your lives.
Welcome to the forums and remember the chat room is always there to help you.

Boldelly

Thanks

Postby Boldelly » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Thank you for your reply it mean alot to me. I just feel like I have no one who really understands how hard the depression is. I fight it so hard a lot of the time. I will check out the chat room because I really need people who have gone through depression and really understand how I feel. My parents are of the generation that you do not talk about your feelings to anyone and you just tuff it out and deal with it. Thanks again for your reply.

Lynne

Postby Lynne » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:00 pm

(((((Boldelly)))))

Welcome! I am new here too.

Emotional_77

Re: Thanks

Postby Emotional_77 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Boldelly wrote: My parents are of the generation that you do not talk about your feelings to anyone and you just tuff it out and deal with it. Thanks again for your reply.

Yes, then the chat room should be of great help and your welcome. :)

Also welcome Lynne :) even if I said it before hehe

Return to “New Member Introductions”