update, its been a long time

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Sara_pain

update, its been a long time

Postby Sara_pain » Sun May 15, 2011 10:54 pm

well i dont know who all comes on here anymore or if anyone remembers me, but i just wanted to say that im doing better than i have been in a very long time. got my first prosthetic about three months ago and its workin pretty good. i met this guy at the hospital who also has a prosthetic leg after a car accident and we got along pretty good. he makes me feel so safe, and i know he understands what i've been through and he doesnt judge me for that. ive been with him for about 5 months now and things are looking pretty good. i still have depression, anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, and everything else, but im doing a lot better than i have been.
that being said, right now i am kind of in a slump.
i dont know why im upset, because everythings supposed to be so good right now, but i just feel sad and frustrated, and the guy im with (Mat) is really confused on why im so upset and hes constantly asking me what he did wrong, and i just feel bad because he thinks its him and its not.
i dont know why im depressed and he doesnt know why im depressed and its just frustrating.....

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Mon May 16, 2011 2:48 pm

((((((Sarapain))))))) I remember you and so glad you are doing better. Weren't you battling cancer?

Anyway, one thing I've heard is that when are going through the most we sometimes don't allow ourselves to feel the full range of emotions and depth of pain because its so overwhelming and we need to cope through...but when we are doing better, that's when some of the pain can show itself, comfortable and safe with this nice man, now maybe your mind feels able to really feel some of the depth of what you went through? Maybe the depression is a delayed reaction? I hope you are getting therapy or counseling.

Maybe you can download some info on depression or your therapist can have a session with him to help him understand it better and know its not his fault. Another thing you might do is tell him things that might be helpful to you as everyone is different...some people like space when they cry others like to be held, sometimes you may want to talk about what's going on and what you are feeling, but then others he may need to be understanding when you can't be as open. I dunno, you know yourself best, but empowering him to respond appropriately to your needs may strengthen the relationship and ease his worry some. Men like to fix things too, as you know, so he probably feels frustrated that he can't do anything to help and is worried about you.

Anyway, glad to hear some positive changes in your life and wishing you light and peace in your day.

Sara_pain

Postby Sara_pain » Mon May 16, 2011 8:06 pm

lol wasnt sure if anyone would remember me. yes i was battling cancer and its gone for now and hopefully doesnt come back.
my name in the chat room is Sara_alone now because people kept asking about Sara Palin, (not p-a-i-n) so yeah

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 am

Glad you are doing a little better.....! We will both get out of our slumps!

Return to “Profiles”