About me

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 pm

exactly.. you're so lucky youre not a teenage anymore because it really is horrible.
I usually take a walk down to all the streets and coffee shops, which is about a mile away from my house. Ive just been tired lately, so Ive been sleeping alot and haven't gone there hah. But yeah, I've been watching all these really stupid/funny movies to cheer me up and its been working.. I think Ive watched <I>Napoleon Dynamite</I> atleast three times so far this week.
Also my friend is forcing me to go to the beach today, so I'm looking forward to that now.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 pm

glad you are sleeping well at least and that you can find some distraction in your films, have you seen school of rock - that really makes me laugh,love a bit of harry potter too,i'm such a child! hope you had a good time at the beach. i live right near the beach too,just 5 mins away,brighton is on England's south coast. no sand though just pebbles!

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I would agree with (((( lisalou )))), I certainly wouldn't choose to feel this way. And, I certainly DON'T enjoy the attention that I get/cause when I feel so overwhelmed that I " crash and burn " in public! :oops: :(
I also find a lot of comfort and a good source of distraction in watching films and TV. I like funny/stupid movies as well. Have you seen a movie called Mystery Men? It's set in Champion City, a city protected by it's resident Super-Hero, Captain Amazing!!!! However, when Captain Amazing is captured by his archnemesis, the evil Casanova Von Frankenstein, a group of wannabe Super-Heroes must step in to try to save the day in a decidedly " unique " way...
I liked School of Rock too, although I'm frightened of Summer, the Band Manager!
Have you seen a film called Without A Clue? It's a funny twist on the Sherlock Holmes stories. In this version Doctor Watson, ( Ben Kingsley ), is a brilliant detective, but because he is a respected medical professional, he cannot be seen to be doing anything as " vulgar " as solving crimes. So, he hires an out-of-work actor, played by Michael Caine, to play the role of " Sherlock Holmes ". Watson solves the crimes, discreetly, and " Sherlock Holmes " gets all the limelight. The comedy comes from the fact that while everyone thinks " Sherlock Holmes " is a genius, he is in fact a complete idiot!!!! :roll:
( PS. (((( Lisalou )))), please say something that I can disagree with! It's embarassing to keep agreeing with an English person!!!! :wink: :) )

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:27 am

hope you had a good time at the beach. Also glad that the funny movies seem to be working.

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Nice to meet you Aria.

I think that it was very brave of you to come right up front (in your first post) and gave us a chance to learn a lot about you, in very few words.

I also have the manic-depressive (bipolar) diagnosis, unfortunately we also have in common that we both often aren't very kind to our bodies.

It is really great that you can write. I have always admired those that have that ability.

Take care

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm sorry I'm just replying now.. I had a break down last week that got REALLY bad and my parents took my computer away.. I got it back though.

It's almost sad how many times ive watched school of rock.. I'm pretty sure I can recite the whole entire movie haha. Yes, Tacking, Mystery Men is absolutley the funniest movie ever! I haven't seen it in a really long time though; The fork guy is my favorite.

And thank you everyone, I really appreciate it all. Actually my friend sent me a video he found on youtube that made me feel a whole lot better when I was down.. I really want you all to watch it, it helps[:

This is it![/url]

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:31 am

hi aria, good to see you back,cant believe your parents took your computer away just for being upset! sorry youve had such a bad week. how are you doing now? I have been really struggling with a new medication i'm on giving me horrible side effects

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Sorry you had such a bad week aaria. I'm glad you are doing better now.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:26 pm

((((((((((((((((( ariaax3 )))))))))))))))))

Let's keep fingers crossed and positive thoughts that you will have many more good weeks.

Warmie

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Thank you everyone!
I'm doing better now.. I've just been kinda sore cuz Ive had volleyball conditioning for the past week. It's been rough, but I'm getting through it alot easier now.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 am

I'm so glad it's getting easier for you sweetie. Let's hope it keeps up.

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 am

Thank you so much hunn.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Glad you are feeling better.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 am

(((((((((((((((( ariaax3 )))))))))))))))))

Good thoughts coming your way.

Warmie

Varren

Postby Varren » Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 am

Nice meeting you, Aira!

I won't go into being bulimic, because I hae not experience witht hat field befoe, however I was anorexic for a good 3 years, back when I was 19 years old, which got to the point when my weight fell to just 49kgs, which is dangerouly unhealthy for someone who is 6"1, but fortunately, I managed to beat that (to a certain extent).
And I have a lot of experience with self-inflicted injuries, how causing physical pain can ease emotion pain, yet what most people don't realise is that cutting (if that is what you did/do) might seem harmless over all, but there's a very present danger that cutting yourself anywhere can lead to dire circumstances, and possibly death, if you accidentally cut too deep or in the wrong place. I say that only because when I once did so, the end result was my left hand being unable to function properly anymore, because of serious nerve damage, and even though it is 9 years on since I did that, the effect of it will last the rest of my life, not to mention that every morning, I wake up and have to remember vividly the details of all that i did whenever I see the scar.

Short height is nothing. Although it might seem a big problem to you, height means nothing and even though people tease others who are smaller, there is really nothing you can do about how tall you are. I've learnt that if people target someone else over any small thing, then it's simply best to ignore them and let them deal with the problem, if they are so concerned about it. If you give height no thought, and just get outside and enjoy all of the things life has to offer, then you'll find you're too busy living your life to care about what anyone else things of you.
As with everything else you've said, immerse yourself in them, since they obvious give you much joy. Enjoy what you have and don't let anyone bring you down because of a bad word, because you know what gifts you have and nothing anyone else says can take that away from you - only your own negativity can do that.

Return to “Profiles”