Volleyball,
photography,
movies,
music,
singing,
writing.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:18 am

Hi Aria, welcome to the forum and thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. My name's Lisa and I'm 29,from England and have depression,anxiety and virtually every eating disorder in the book at some point in my life! I like to write too - particularly poetry and short stories (when my head's up to it that is!) What kind of stuff do you write?

Hope you find this website helpful, there are some lovely people here and it helps you feel you're not alone

Lisa xx

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

Hi Lisa, it's nice to meet you.
I love writing poetry.. Not traditional though, just anything that im feeling i throw onto paper. I wrote a short story too, but only because it was a school project but im really proud of it.

And thank you. It's really helping so far, except I had a break down last night that was pretty bad.. just hoping this will help make me feel alittle bit better.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi again Aria. It really can help to be here i think,next time you feel like you're having a bit of a breakdown come and write it all down here and have a bit of a rant - i have a million times! Poetry-wise I also tend to write whatever i'm feeling,however it comes out, but i did go through a huge phase of writing haikus too - those japanese mini poems that have to be three lines and seventeen syllables long (it did my OCD no favours....!) I put some of them in the Art section here. And i think you should be proud of your short story. I always think it's a miracle to get anything done when youre suffering from depression. Something someone taught me was to think of 3 things at the end of each day that you have achieved. now if i've had a really bad day that can literally be things like 'got out of bed by lunchtime' or 'fed the cats' but when youre really depressed getting anything done is a bit of a mission lets face it and i think it helps to remember that and give ourselves a bit of a pat on the back

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:05 pm

I just figured out how to use the forums on here so I'll probably start one soon. As to the writing, I would love to read some of your poems. Haikus are awesome.. I have a few of my own too. I'm thinking of posting them up here, just to see what other people think of them.

I'll have to remember that.. I think that's the one thing my therapist never told me. All she focused on was how to stop cutting, not how to gain more self confidence. Actually my friend made me a paper 'fortune teller' and whenever im down, i read the comments because she wrote all these nice comments about me. It helps alot.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Sorry everyone if youre reading this for third time,doesnt seem to be 'submitting' ok but maybe it is...?

oh i used to love those fortune teller things! although when we were kids we never wrote anything much more mature than 'you smell of poo!' can't write at the moment i'm afraid cos i'm feeling pretty much like poo myself,it's 4.30 a.m uk time and i've been up since 3,SO TIRED but just cant get back to sleep. am all over the place with new meds that i'm on.
Are you still seeing a therapist or anyone? hope youre getting the support you need

Lisa x (going back to bed and - hopefully! - to sleep)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi (((( Aria ))))! Welcome to the forum! :)
I can certainly recomend (((( lisalou's )))) haikus. 8)
And, I agree with her, ( That's twice I've agreed with an English person, I hope that my fellow Welshmen don't find out about this! :oops: :wink: ), I do find this forum a really good place to " rant ", and find a lot of support. I hope that you will too! :)

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow, I didn't even have to pay him to say that!

I just feed him lots of cheese on toast....!

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:51 pm

haha well, I will check out her haikus whenevr I can, and thank you[:

Yeah the fortune tell really helps at times, and as for my therapist, she doesn't do much. She's just like my parents/stereotypical therapis.. I'll break down, she'll ask how it makes me feel, then looks at my like im just over exagerating. I hate it.. I had to put on a fake smile so my parents would think im OK so I could stop seeing her. It wokred 'cept i had a breakdown infront of them twice last week, then a few more in the middle of the night (luckily they didnt see it). But I think they might send me back.. Im so scared right now..

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:04 pm

oh that's so annoying when therapists just sit there nodding and saying 'And how does that make you feel?' when you clearly feel terrible! I think you should try and find someone new,you need to like and trust your therapist. maybe look on the internet see what's available in your area or the local library is often a good source of information. there might be some youth support groups or something too. I remember the feeling when i was a teenager of my parents and therapist 'ganging up' on me so maybe it would help if you're seeing someone independently of your own choosing

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I know! Honestly this is working for now, and I really appreciate all the nice people on here. I havent broken down in two days now, so I'm not sure if its all working or if my body's just taking a break. I think thats the feeling I hate the most, not knowing when the next time I'm going to break down.
It happened in school once. I was in first period and I ran to the nurse before I started crying hysterically. My mom came to take me home and she just yelled at me, calling me a 'drama queen' and saying that 'this was the reason im barely passing my classes'.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:34 pm

that sounds like a pretty insensitive reaction from your mum. honestly,no-one would choose to feel this way and we dont get pleasure out of the 'drama'

pleased things have been a little better for you recently. what've you been up to today?

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

ariaax, you are not a drama queen and so sorry your mom did that to you. I know it's late in coming but welcome to the forums.

ariaax3

Postby ariaax3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 pm

She said it's because I'm a teenager and that im hormonal.. Its really hard.
Not much actually, I've been stuck home for the past few days so ive been trying to relax, its just not really working, im too stressed out.

Thank you hollyann, I really appreciate it.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 pm

oh please...people always patronise teenagers don't they! do you live near a park or beach or anything where you can go for a nice walk to get a bit of time out? or if you literally are stuck at home do you have any DVD's to catch up on or arty activities you could do like drawing or painting or making something? sometimes i find puzzles can be a temporary distraction,or reading if your concentration's up to it.

Return to “Profiles”