I hate intro posts

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

kira

I hate intro posts

Postby kira » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

I really do and I can never come up with what to say so now all my intro posts on new forums are at least partially about how I hate intro posts.

With that out of the way I'm here for all the usual reasons. Life sucks and has for more than 10 years. I was bullied at school, verbally abused at home, misunderstood since I was 5 (I can remember being 5), and for every good thing that happens something even worse happens next. I also have severe insomnia with no known cause that increases my depression and causes flashbacks when I get tired. The list of meds I've tried goes off the end of a notebook page and currently I'm mixing thorazine, doxepin, neurontin, and lorazepam. Temporarily I have some codein for dental surgery that's working a whole lot better than all the rest put together. I would probably feel good if my mouth didn't hurt and I hadn't lost my financial aid which means I can't pay for school or for the $2500 dental surgery. I can't get a credit card cause I missed payment on a medical bill and despite paying it later it's the only thing on my credit report. Oh and my chickens got stolen recently.

It's been an extra bad week so I decided to finally sign up for the forum after hanging out in chat occasionally the past few months.

-Stephen-

Postby -Stephen- » Sat May 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi ((((( kira )))) Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear of your difficult week and of course all that preceded it.

The forums seem a little slow at the moment, but no doubt will pick up again soon. If it's of any help to you, the chat room is much busier, and you can access it by clicking on "Depression Chat Rooms" at the top of the screen, or simply by clicking here: http://depression-understood.org/mainchat/mainchat1.htm

I apologise I am not much of a forum poster, but I wanted to welcome you.

Stephen

aim

Postby aim » Sat May 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Ah (((kira)))) I understand money pressure, believe me I do. Trust me when I tell you that although it may look bleak, everything passes. This will too.

Who the heck would steal your chickens????

Welcome, by the way.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sat May 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi and welcome Kira, its good to see you here as well as the room.

aim

Postby aim » Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Kira... I can't stop thinking about your stolen chickens. Where do you live? Were the chickens part of your livelihood? Just curious if you feel like sharing that information.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

(((((((((((( kira )))))))))))))))))

Welcome! Yes being new someplace does bite, but still glad you joined the forums (as well as the chat room).

Hoping to see more posting from you. A great group of chatters here.

Warmie

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:02 am

Welcome Kira - This is a very warm and supportive place. I am glad you have found it.

kira

Postby kira » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:09 pm

I live just outside of a small Iowa town (pop. of 3000). We have no idea who stole them, how, or why. There's just no other explanation for their disappearance. Well aside from my sister's theory of alien abduction which fits about as well as anything else.

Chickens aren't our livelihood but I did have a very nice flock of some rather rare chickens. It will cost me $4 per egg of which only 25% are likely to hatch to replace them. I did have one person give me 8 hens and a roo free over the weekend. They are from the same parents as some of the less expensive chickens I had. Technically they are mutts but they lay blue or green eggs so they've been given their own name by chicken people of EEs or easter eggers. At least now we are getting 8 blue eggs a day again.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 pm

((((((((((((( Kira ))))))))))))))

Seriously, blue and green eggs?? Wow, LOL never heard of that. Know as a child we lived in the country and had chickens. Had one that would go after you if you went near her nest.

LOL my mother took all she could. Must say the chicken and noodles were great. :)

Glad to see you posting, and again, interesting.

Warmie

aim

Postby aim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:00 pm

wow, Kira. I'm a city girl through and through, so having chickens is amazing to me, never mind them laying Easter eggs! That's truly incredible!!

I guess there is some goodness in the world, huh? People giving you free chickens to try and help replace the stolen ones is a wonderful thing. Were these people friends of your family?

Maybe your sister is right... and I like her sense of humor as well. :-)

I'm glad the new chickens are working out for you... whenever bad things happen, try to remember the good in people. Like the ones who reimbursed your chickens for you!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:52 am

((((((((((((( Kira ))))))))))))))

A hug coming your way. Hope things are going better for you.

Just wanted to say hello, you are in my thoughts.

Warmie

aim

Postby aim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:24 pm

One more thing, Kira. Please try to remember that everything happens for a reason, ok? Something we might see as sad and wrong, could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to us. This seems to go on with me QUITE OFTEN!

Just running into someone accidentally can change your life...

Depression and/or anxiety can lead to finding a love or a friendship that could turn out to be the most important in your life...

Losing a job could mean finding an even better one...

And getting new chicken could turn out to be a blessing in disguise...

Keep the faith, Kira. Don't ever let life or depression take that away from you.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:48 pm

((((((((( Kira ))))))))))))

Things do happen for a reason or reasons. Just takes us awhile to figure it out and get on the right track.

Hope you are doing all right. Take care..

Warmie

Return to “New Member Introductions”