Over time even the hardest boulders crack

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Corius

Over time even the hardest boulders crack

Postby Corius » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Well I found my way here like most I would assume. I have my problems PTSD and depression being the biggest. There are dates that I would like to avoid.

While I can fight my demons and I have gotten to a point where medication is not needed anymore. Some times I just need to talk to people that understand what it is like. For me what lays heaviest on my shoulders is my family needing me my wife of 14 years has depression, anxiety and bipolar with auditory hallucinations. Makes for a hand full :D

People in my friend circle looking in sees her as bat shit crazy and someone that is dragging my business into the ground. Spending money when she is manic or me spending time taking care of her when she is so low that getting out of bed is a chore.

While I have always been the rock for my family. The provider, protector, some to just listened it is hard to talk to them about my needs without them feeling bad on some level. Turning to friends coming or family doesn't help much because they don't understand that sometimes I just have to relieve pressure and get some things off my chest

I love her with all my heart and soul she has been there through my word moments and I will be there for her to support her in anyway I can. But there are time when the business has some problems and my priorities get scrambled where cracks do start to show.

jess-scott

Re: Over time even the hardest boulders crack

Postby jess-scott » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi Corius,
Sounds hard. And yet you seem grounded and aware of the complexity and nuances of your situation. The commitment and compassion you have for your wife shows through your writing and choice of words. I hope you find those resources that understand and can listen.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 am

Hi Corius,

Well there certainly is no dull moment in your life, is there? :lol:

Hopefully you’ll find a support network, friends or people that will lend you an ear. It is very important that you are able to talk about things to someone. It’s hard to believe there is nobody that will come over for a cuppa and chat with you. Nobody to come over to offer you some support? Nobody to come over to see if there is anything they can do to relieve some of the pressure from you?

People are so caught up in their lives these days. Always busy. Always troubled. Always focused on their own problems and life. :|

I hope you find a circle of friends or people that you can turn to.

It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job as family head, keeping your family together and giving emotional support.

If you ever need to talk, I’ll be more than happy to whack on a virtual coffee and listen to you! You can talk as much as you need and I will listen--I'll just make a pot of coffee and we are set for a day of talking! :D And I’m sure there are many others on here more than willing to do the same thing.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Corius wrote:Well I found my way here like most I would assume. I have my problems PTSD and depression being the biggest. There are dates that I would like to avoid.

While I can fight my demons and I have gotten to a point where medication is not needed anymore. Some times I just need to talk to people that understand what it is like. For me what lays heaviest on my shoulders is my family needing me my wife of 14 years has depression, anxiety and bipolar with auditory hallucinations. Makes for a hand full :D

People in my friend circle looking in sees her as bat shit crazy and someone that is dragging my business into the ground. Spending money when she is manic or me spending time taking care of her when she is so low that getting out of bed is a chore.

While I have always been the rock for my family. The provider, protector, some to just listened it is hard to talk to them about my needs without them feeling bad on some level. Turning to friends coming or family doesn't help much because they don't understand that sometimes I just have to relieve pressure and get some things off my chest

I love her with all my heart and soul she has been there through my word moments and I will be there for her to support her in anyway I can. But there are time when the business has some problems and my priorities get scrambled where cracks do start to show.

Its good you support your wife. Keep supporting her but remember in situations like these you need to be the motivator. The problem she deals with is mental so if she deals with her mental wellbeing then it will solve alot of these issues. Medicine can help her and alot of prayer support.

Return to “New Member Introductions”