New here :)

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

DannyBoi

New here :)

Postby DannyBoi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Heyy im Danny! ive suffered with depression for years! ive refused any medication or help from doctors and basically just lied to them saying ill be fine.
this was a few years back, since then its been worse, much worse!
but i was able to stop self harming for months without relapsing. (must have lasted about 6 months) but recently ive relapsed a few times and i feel like im fighting through the urges all over again. helping others or just talking to others about this topic somehow distracts my mind. its like i can help other people, but not myself. social networking sites just annoy me now and i feel a forum is a good place for a community of people with similar problems.
This is the only forum ive looked at, but i hope its still used regularly :)
Stay strong people x

SkaterDrew

Postby SkaterDrew » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm suffering from depression too.
Good thing that you've found this site. Folks here do listen and help as much as they can.
I have been feeling better since I came here, so hope you'll make feel better too.

Melibellz13117

Hello Danny

Postby Melibellz13117 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 am

Hi,
I suffer from PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder. I just came to this site as well and posted my own story. I enjoy that everyone on here is so open to helping each other out. I have tried to reach out to some people and others have reached out to me and it has made me feel much better. It helps to have people you can talk to that you know won't ever judge you.
It's nice to meet you and I will pray that you can overcome your relapses.
Know that there are people here for you :)

DannyBoi

Postby DannyBoi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Im glad this site has helped you :) and i can imagine how annoying it must be having PTSD :( it does seem like everyones on the same level here :P nice to meet you!

Return to “New Member Introductions”