Depression in Relationships

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bladevalant546

Depression in Relationships

Postby bladevalant546 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:57 am

Me and my GF both have depression, I have chronic and she has major. We are now moving out from each other because the depression is ripping us apart. I just hate this so much, why does depression have so much power. I love this girl alot and I just feel like I am losing people all over again.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm sorry the two of you are suffering. And, I know that a difficult and painful breakup doesn't help with what you're already dealing with!

I'm curious as to whether or not either of you are in counseling? Or, have been through counseling as a couple? Do you feel your relationship is salvageable?
How long have you both been together?

I apologize for the barrage of questions. I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of your situation.

bladevalant546

Postby bladevalant546 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 am

We are merely moving out from each other so we can work on ourselves. It already starting to have positive results. We tries couples counseling but they are always geared towards couples of normal dysfunction.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 pm

That's good that positive results are following.
Best of wishes! :-)

LuisSteven

Postby LuisSteven » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:23 am

Hi bladevalant,

Your ability to be open and tune in to yourself and your partner.Capacity to validate and support each other’s feelings even when you don’t agree. Take in comfort and care when offered. Offer comfort and care when needed. When negative events happen, each partner is able to construct a narrative that integrates these experiences in a positive way into the relationship.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”