Looking for support/friend?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LonelyShadow

Looking for support/friend?

Postby LonelyShadow » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Is there anybody out there I can talk to please? I've always found it hard to make friends and I can honestly say that I've never had any. I'm just an acquaintance with a few people and that's it really.

I'm looking to find someone to talk to who can understand what I'm going through and offer me the support that I'm in need of to get through life, as I find it hard to cope each day when I have nothing to look forward to and have lost all purpose. I'm an extremely good listener and will give my unconditional support to anyone who needs it.

kittycatlover

Postby kittycatlover » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:47 pm

LonelyShadow,
You have found a good place to start, I think :)
If you start posting and getting to know people here, and they get to know you, I think you will find people who understand you and who would appreciate your friendship :)

LonelyShadow

Postby LonelyShadow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 am

Hi kittycatlover,

I hope so, because I think it's hard for people to understand certain things especially depression if they've never suffered from it. It causes massive problems with my life along with anxiety. They both work together and prevent me from doing a number of things such as meeting new people and having confidence. I hope this forum will help me with that in time.

kittycatlover

Postby kittycatlover » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 am

LonelyShadow,
Give yourself time. You didn't get to where you are overnight, and it will probably take longer than overnight to build something new :)

Sheep

Postby Sheep » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Hey Shadow, I replied to your message on my thread, but I just wanted to post here too and let you know that you're welcome to PM me anytime. Ask me about depression or anxiety or anything else that's bothering you, I'd be happy to offer my own experience and advice :)

BlackHeartApart

Postby BlackHeartApart » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 pm

I feel the same way a lot, and am always looking for new friends but I'm generally too shy to approach people, or simply don't even know where to start. I'm fairly new to these boards, but I'm open to talking and offering support when you need it! :)

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 am

Pursue your interests and hobbies and join a social club or sports group, or other interest group such as bush-walking, bush-care, music, art, theatre, scrabble, Bridge.

Keep in mind that all friendships are important and not just those of a romantic nature. As people initially share small things together this can lead to eventually sharing innermost feelings, which of course may take time, but friendships can evolve and be cemented

Return to “New Member Introductions”