I'm having a hard day

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

karolanne

I'm having a hard day

Postby karolanne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:28 am

hello all,

I'm used to live with suicidal thoughs everyday, but some days are worse than others.

Today, I'm at work and I wish I could have stay home, in my bed with my dogs :)

I binge ate last night and took 4 pounds. I destroy all the efforts I made all the week at the gym and with an healthy diet.

I'm down :(

Take care everyone

Frame

Postby Frame » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:46 am

I'm sorry your feeling down karolanne. Mondays seem to be the right time for that. Monday or any day, but Mondays more often work that way for me. And I sure know how you feel. I would have my two cats to keep me company, they seem to know when I'm down.

But like they say; I owe, I owe, so off to work I go. I hope you feel a little better by the end of the day.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks Frame.

Yeah, Mondays are always worse! lol

The good side of that is if I had stayed at home, I would have done nothing of my day.

But I miss my dogs so much right now. lol I have few pictures of my dogs on my wall at work but 2-3 weeks ago, I added one with them on the bed and I don't know why, this picture just makes me miss my dogs more and I just want to be in bed with them and snuggles. lol

My biggest issue today is the fact that I binge ate and took back all the weight I lost with so much effort. I feel like it's a never ending and looping story...

Take care.

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 am

Frustration and anger can be additional causes of overeating. A good friend can be a great help just by asking them to give you feedback about your habits and behaviour. It may not be easy to recognise other reasons why we eat to excess or just “head for food automatically”, reasons such as escape from reality, comfort or quelling fears … and I am sure there are more.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks.

I binge eat for emotional reason. While I eat, I feel so good, I forget everything wrong.

I have no friend, so, I have only myself to study me and find out the issue. But thanks to all folks on this forum, I find help here.

Take care.

Frame

Postby Frame » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I wish I knew what to say karolanne; right now all I can say is, I'm listening.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks Frame. To have someone that listening to me means a lot to me. Thanks to be there.

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 am

It is extremely important to express your feelings and talk about events. This can be done with friends or with a counsellor. Look at the consequences of internalising or pushing down negative feelings.
Pursue your interests and hobbies and join a social club or sports group, or other interest group such as bush-walking, bush-care, music, art, theatre, scrabble, Bridge.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”