I hate my life

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

TamiHeart

I hate my life

Postby TamiHeart » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Sleep is the hardest thing for me to get. When I do sleep they're at wrong hours. I usually don't get enough or I over sleep, and throughout my day I just feel even worse than I already am emotionally. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to fix it. I know what it's from though. I lay in bed all the time just staring off at god knows what thinking about everything. My life, people, how my future will be...all of those things. When I do finally close my eyes, so many times they'll re-open and it will keep happening repeatedly. Then of course there's all the tossing and turning. Throughout the day when I'm up I feel so dead, and I'm obviously really lazy. I'm sick and tired of it and I wish I could do something about it in an instant.

Now, I'm sure a lot of people turn to food when they feel the way they do. I know I do that a lot. Lately I've been eating a lot. Supposedly maybe eating gives us a sense of comfort, and all of that which is a load of crap. Afterwards we still feel like crap. I know I do. With me it's like I either eat a lot in a day or I just don't eat at all. Neither are good at all. But with the way I am it's so hard. Right now I'm thinking of just not eating at all anymore, and just living off water or something. I don't know. I'm so confused.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 am

Hi,
Welcome to this site. A lack of sleep definately doesn't help! Are you on any kind of sleep aid? Even Tylenol pm's? Those come without the Tylenol now, where you only get the 'pm' part that induces sleep--called diphenhydramine. You can buy it over the counter. Have you been to a doctor who may be able to prescribe anything?

MintSnowflakes

Postby MintSnowflakes » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:54 am

Hello! I have the same problem as you, it takes me hours to finally get some rest in so I end up only sleeping maybe 4 hours a night at most. It's just so impossible lay down and 5 minutes later, I'm sleeping like a baby, it just doesn't happen. I toss and turn every night wondering when and if sleep will come.

But, last night I turned on youtube and listened to meditation music, it was crazy because after only maybe 30-40 minutes I was starting to drift off. Iw woke up in the morning and I absolutely couldn't believe that I slept through the night and was a little more awake because I had maybe 6 or 7 hours of sleep. I wasn't "refreshed" as they always say on ads after taking a sleeping pill, but who is refreshed in the morning? Everyone is a little groggy right? Sorry, a little off topic.

Just try turning on some soft music with no words and listen to that for a while, if it doesn't work I'm sorry, I haven't found any other "cure" for this.

If you want to resort to taking a sleeping pill, I've tried the 'Zzzquil' it's like nyquil but without it trying to fight colds and whatnot in your sleep. The only downside is that for me, it takes maybe an hour or two to make it start working and making me tired. But it has worked, the only thing.. I try not to do it every single night maybe once every few weeks, just to not go crazy from not enough sleep.

So hopefully, happy dreaming.

fallen

Postby fallen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 pm

make sure your room is as dark as possible,music is a great idea,rubbing lavender oil on your feet helps you to relax and vitamin b's can help you sleep as well .
make sure all your electronic gadgets are switched off in your room.get up
at the same time everyday even if your depressed and obviously tired and
try and go to bed at the same time, this will help to reset your internal clock.
hot milk and malt might help relax you too.
take care

fallen

Postby fallen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 pm

by the way eating too much and too late will keep you awake as your body is trying to digest all the food.
this works for me i don't eat after 7pm. hope this helps

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 am

If our ability to sleep becomes disturbed, our health and emotional balance are affected resulting in physical fatigue, irritability and increased susceptibility to illness.

Overcoming sleeplessness is dealt with by teaching and practising the following skills:

The ability to consciously relax and to release stress any time, anywhere,
The ability to focus your mind
The ability to neutralise and reprogram hurt memories
The ability to develop mind/body exercises to overcome depression
The ability to develop new responses to stressful events

Return to “Expressions”