We are Not Our Thoughts

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

nenkohai

We are Not Our Thoughts

Postby nenkohai » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm reading an ebook published by the author via Amazon. I've tried these in the past and it truly is hit or miss. But I am reading now a short book called "God Does Not Play Dice," and I've hit onto some interesting thoughts from it.

The big one for me: we have our thoughts; then, our reactions to our thoughts; and then, we have now. Interesting to consider...

tryandtryagain

Postby tryandtryagain » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am

VERY interesting indeed. Did you find that the book help you to control your reactions better? That's something I would really like to work on.

nenkohai

Postby nenkohai » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Hiya,

What I've read in that book (and a few others I've been reading) HAS helped me with negative reactions and anxiety, but not in any direct sort of way. Really, its taught me some things about how I think and about the process of thoughts.

Today, I just happen to have my Kindle handy, so the actual titles and authors I've been reading are:

"God Does Not Play Dice - The Story of a Helpless Man's Journey to the top of the Mountains" by Sri Vishwanath

"Against the Stream" by Noah Levine

and

"The Heart of the Revolution: The Buddha's Radical Teachings of Forgiveness, Compassion and Kindness" by Noah Levine

All three are spiritual in nature, but certainly not religious or dogmatic.

Anyway, they have helped me quite a lot.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:30 pm

nenkohai, im glad these books are helping you.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”