Beach Therapy

Pictures you’d like to share with others. Also see the main Media Gallery.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Spleefy

Beach Therapy

Postby Spleefy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:51 am

Where would we be without water? I enjoy going to the beach to mediate. The expanse of the waters has a calming effect on both mind and body. So here are a few photos I took of the beach just behind my house. Now you can share in the same views I enjoy everyday...

The stairs leading down to the beach. When I used to go here during school holidays, there was only a dirt track (that only locals knew about) leading down to the beach. Now that there are stairs, EVERYONE uses this beach. But it's good because it is a charming little beach. Us locals don't mind sharing with the terrorist... I mean tourists! :D

This is at the foot of the stairs. However, this is an old picture. Often times the sand will get washed away by the ebb and flow of the water, exposing the rocks beneath. By looking at this photo, can you imagine that all those rocks were buried by sand? After a couple of years, the sand will return. This tends to happen on and off for years. However, the sand has stayed put for a while... hopefully for a long time!

I hope you enjoyed a day of beach therapy with me!
Last edited by Spleefy on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chimpulous2

Re: Beach Therapy

Postby Chimpulous2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Amazing looking place and Was a pleasure to see your posts.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I find a lot of peace and reassurance from nature. Seeing the beauty of God's creations, whether it be wildlife, the forest, or the beach, always calms me and puts a smile on my face, even when times are dark.

I just realized I uploaded two of the same pics. Oops! I will need to change that.

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:04 am

its so beautiful. :D

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:24 am

thats very nice of u...
u with this mood will never get involved with depression and i ask God to always be happy because you deserve it and at least once made all of us happy.
share ur picture with us other times we got so much pleasure. :D

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:50 pm

You are so kind. Thank you.

But I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for Jehovah.

As with depression... I am still very much vulnerable to depression. That is why I must be mindful to either prevent it or deal with it swiftly. I do this by exercising regularly, eating nutritiously, and not allowing myself to entertain negative or self-destructive thoughts when they enter my mind. But, most of all, I rely on Jehovah God.

Serving Jehovah doesn't give us immunity from the problems common to men, but it does make it significantly easier to deal with them. It also gives us hope of a better future--the one that Adam and Eve once enjoyed, living in perfect conditions.

I'm glad you enjoy the photos. There is so much beauty in the world that depression blinds us to. Photos are a great way to capture those beautiful moments. I sometimes look back on the pics I take with my phone as a reminder of a moment in time that was beautiful, and to know there will be many more to come.

Return to “Picture Gallery”