Reconcile....

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Av

Reconcile....

Postby Av » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder". And so is my heart growing fonder for my TRP, the longer he stays away from me. I haven't seen him in a while. True, I was quite averse to the notion of him dating a rat initially, but truth is, I have always wanted him to be happy and free. I have never caged him, never given him too harsh a punishment for his offences, not even for squawking big on a pesky neighbour, causing him to lose his moustache and half his hairdo, and him shell shocking him. I have never shouted at him for his bloodcurdling belches (which actually were beneficial because they were a definite pest repellent), because he always used to acknowledge soon after, the fact that I fed him well, in all the three languages he knew. What I miss most is the wonderful lullaby he used to sing to me every night I couldn't sleep. He is unique and endearing.

And now he is with the rat. No idea where he is located. He thinks I don't like him anymore, and he doesn't want to hurt me, so is away, living with his beloved. He teaches her (yes confirmed to be a "she" now) ventriloquism, and of late has been idolising Marilyn Manson, and headbanging over his cacophony (sorry, nothing personal, but I don't think he makes anything remotely close to music). He probably thinks that would make me dislike him more. He probably wants to make me forget him. I just hope he doesn't want to forget me. I love him very much and I so wish to see him again. I don't care that he loves a rat. I am just happy that he is happy. I remember what he told me the last time he flew away from my house, "I will not marry J (the rat) till you give me the permission to do so, because your validation matters to me, but I will also not come back till you accept us as a couple. I will just teach myself to live without you". I don't think he has any idea about how lonely I feel without him now. I will feed him any amount of bacon he wants to eat, I just want him to come back. I will surely learn to accept the rat more over time. I hope he understands that I never hated the rat, just wasn't sure they would be good for each other. Now that they have been so happy together for so long, I am convinced that they are. I can't wait to "validate" their marriage, and seeing them live together happily ever after.

Return to “Art Work”