The Neighbors

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

The Neighbors

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Across the street: We are not close & we don't really get along either. The landscaper's nephew lives across the street. He is the very same person I suspect of killing my dog. That's water under the bridge, though. The lady across the street is very strange. She sees & pretends not to see. She rarely ever speaks or acknowledges us. Whatever... I don't have time for her old ass...

Behind: We are not close, but I would sooner help her. I love her dogs! :lol: She's also a pretty nice lady, although we fell out many years ago. Her husband was very conniving, but that's okay. I hope he is resting in peace.

Community: In general, we are not close.

aim

Postby aim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Well that's something!

The old man next door to me terrorizes my dog. He bangs on a bucket just to make her nuts. He also yells at people for parking on the street, and has an argument at least once a month with someone for NO reason at all.

The people on the other side... they are strange. Neither of them seem to work, but they have an apartment and two children. The guy also drinks... A LOT.

The people across the street from me INFURIATE me to no end! They take up two parking spots EVERY DAY. This is a big deal where I live. Parking is sooo limited.

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm

We started a little tradition in my neighborhood...when I first moved in, that Christmas someone down the street brought me some homemade baked goods fresh from her kitchen...I was so thrilled I made fudge and brought it to several neighbors...this year one neighbor, who has mowed my grass for several summers even though I cannot pay him right now and shoveled my walk when it snowed, brought me fresh fruit; another brought me baked goods, and the lady across the street gave me the cutest xmas mug with a box of ghiradelli hot cocoa, mini-marshmellows, and candies wrapped up in cellophane with a ribbon on top...so pretty I still haven't opened it but look at it and smile....

Then there's the lady behind me, who hates me from the time she and I got in an argument when in our backyards, she hated my dogs, didn't think I got up the poop enough and anyway...so halloween we were doing this thing on our street where someone unknown put "Boo" sign on the door and left a little bag of treats, then you were supposed to do it to two others...well somehow someone didn't see my "Boo" sign and I got hit twice so had to do four bags of goodies, so I snuck around the block and left the nasty old bitty a big bag of treats...she won't know who did it but I know...it helped me not hold a grudge and when she passes me walking her dog on the street, I just smile at her...and I figure, something must be very wrong in her life to be so nasty to people who have never done her harm and to be so hateful, she is likely hurting somehow...

You attract more flies with honey...do something nice for your neighbors! Smile and take the high road and if they want to be petty, you can be the bigger person...

and then remember "good fences make good neighbors"...be nice, but I learned too, watch your back!!!!!!!!!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:10 am

My neighbors, all wonderful people. I am blessed, I know.

Neighbors on one side of me are thoughtful, when he uses the snow blower in the front of his home, he does mine and other neighbors as well, just for example. Neighbor on the other side, comes over, we share coffee/cokes and long visits. She is one funny lady.

Across the street is the former Mayor and a sweetheart. Gives me gentle hugs when we see each other, a very nice man. Directly in front a young family, 3 small children, all girls, all beautiful and they love visiting with all the neighbors. I have bought some 'girly toys' to have handy, well boy things to. The love playing with them and that gives the 'adults' the chance to visit. :)

Behind another family of 2 boys and 1 girl. Where do all these beautiful children come from? Newest to the neighborhood, but oh so very nice and friendly.

All the neighbor keep check on my home when I am away, and when I am home, just me here, they have become a protective group. Seems we have bonded and I have intentions of having some sort of block party this summer, just for the fun of it.

Blessed, living in a small town, where neighbors aren't afraid to become friends. Think they all have had my cheesecakes, bar-b-cued meatballs, fried chicken, chicken and noodles and brownies. Nothing to answer the door in the summer time and find one of them standing there with some pastry or fruit, asking if the coffee is on.

With surgeries over for good, I intend to do some baking and visiting this summer. Summer we visit a lot, winter we call, even just being next door, it is too cold, too much snow so the telephone works just as well.

We have shared parades, weddings, births, deaths, so yes we are and will continue to become a tight neighborhood family.

Too bad it isn't this way every where.

Warmie

aim

Postby aim » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

What a nice neighborhood you live in, Jeanie! Most of the people around here mind their own business, but that man next door... he is quite a character! Almost like a person you would read about in a book or see in a made for tv movie.

And yes... it is too bad not all neighbors are like yours. The world would be a much better place.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am

It really is Aim, I am blessed with that.

Perhaps bake something for the 'man next door', soften him a little? Thinking he isn't an animal lover, that is sad.

Small towns, has it over the big cities, hands down.

aim

Postby aim » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:22 pm

The one thing I like about living in a city is the convenience, but honestly? Small-town living is so inviting!!!

And no. He is no animal lover. Unless he just thinks it's funny? Not really sure. Haven't seen him much lately as it's cold out there and he is very elderly. He's just so old school, don't know if he's changeable. We are friendly, say our hello's each time we run into each other - I just wish he'd leave our little Dakota alone!! She's just a dog with the brain of a two-year-old after all!

Ok. Now I'm ranting. Sorry folks.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Aim,

True, city living does come with conveniences. Yet if the city is very big you might have to drive a half hour or so to get to where you are going. My small town is about half away from a city, so I get the convenience of city, withl still loving and living the small town atmosphere. Best of both worlds.

Yes, the old school way of life is somewhat etched in stone. Keep the greetings and smiles going with your neighbor, perhaps you will wear him down.

Have Ebony and I know I depend on him as much as he does me. Been told he must be very happy for he never meows, he can, just doesn't. Animals are God sent.

Does a person good to rant at times, so feel free. No apologies needed.

Jeanie

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”