Opened the Door to Find....

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

Opened the Door to Find....

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Alright....

Just a while ago.... I opened the door to go downstairs.... I was looking for a manual I'm supposed to have some place....

Okay.... I opened the door & what did I see....?

...2 HUGE deer outside! :shock: I think I thought to myself, "WTH(eck)...! Surely I was not expecting that...." :lol:

I'm 5'6", & they would at least reach my waist...! :shock:

Ah, but opening the door scared them away, so I didn't get to take a good look at them.... :( Ah, bummer..... :lol:

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Beautiful. Do you live near a forest?

xn728

oh wow

Postby xn728 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:55 pm

oh wow Onika i would have loved to see that ,we have a hawk that comes to our garden ,but a deer ,that was a gift to make you feel good im sure
ken xn728

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Heya Mich & Ken!

I don't live near a forest, but the lot next to the house is empty & there's some bush/trees/coverage on it. To get to our "next door" neighbors I'd have to drive down the road, turn right & go a ways down to get to their gate....

I guess that qualifies as a forest? ~lol~

I think my next priority will be to get a good camera/video camera that I can keep around my neck at all times for these rare moments.....

I've never seen deer that big & then TWO of them that big? Wow.... I almost didn't know what they were! I was like.... "What's that? No, those are not dogs...What?!"

It's funny how they went running & I ran back in the house. ~lol~

Over the years, the yard has had quite a few "guests".... It's scared the heck out of us at times, but then again, it was a good laugh, too...

So... There's been a few horses....wild chicken (roosters + hens), the neighborhood's dogs & cats (neighbor's cat loves to be up on this low tree branch), some birds (black witch, seasonal; bananaquit, seasonal; a chickenhawk-type bird, seasonal; pigeons; mountain dove, 1 usually hangs around because something is wrong with its leg.... It looks better, but it's still not entirely healed yet. I'm not sure if the bird's leg will get better....), now some deer occasionally.... but the worst was the donkey...! :lol: Haw-hee-haw! When you hear that in the middle of the night so loudly when you don't expect it, oh boy....!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 pm

((((( crystalgaze ))))))

The wild in all its glory! How lucky you were to see this. Keep camera near for the next time perhaps?

Lucky you!!!

Warmie/Jeanie

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:56 am

oh deer...... (sorry everyone,how lame!)

what a beautiful experience crystal. as a matter of fact i ended up buying Bambi on video again the other day,was going to watch it yesterday afternoon after work but was so weepy already i thought it probably wasn't a good idea (i vaguely remember the end) yes i am regressing further and further into the land of children's cinema. ended up seeing Monsters Inc instead

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 am

(((((((((((( lisalou )))))))))))))) LOL good play on the words.

I have watched a family of squirrels this summer. Have two very large pine trees and it has been amazing watching this family. I have stayed clear of them, when out moving about. Make sure there is water available, put some corn out.

Yes I know it is the same, the male has scars on his face from fighting I assume. The mother has some markings on her tail. Watch the babies wandering from the tree, believe there two.

Really amazing watching them grow, and the bond between that family is heart warming. I know some animals don't remain together, but honestly, this one family has.

Squirrels are nothing compared to deers, but that has been my gift this summer.

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 am

Hi there Lisa! That was funny! :lol: (((Lisa, Mich, Warmie, Ken))))) Squirrels! Wow! That would be something to see!

I've only ever seen a few outside when I was in Washington DC for a while.... They were always very funny & mischievous! The animal we have here that might come close is a mongoose.... They always bolt across the road... They're so FAST! It's like you blink & they're gone.... I did see a curious one the other day that just sort of looked & didn't really run from us (which was amazing).

I did see a pelican the other day. Now that's some bird.... They glide like airplanes.... One minute they're up there & then bam, they're on the water, grabbing their dinner.... Scary!

When I drive, I do try to avoid the soldier crabs on the road.... Sometimes, they're just randomly on the road. They ones I've seen are not very huge...

Yes... I think I will get a camera some time.... I've already seen the roosters do some wacky things that I wish I had a picture of.... (like being SO high up in the tree across from the upstairs porch.... or on the roof by the internet antenna or on the power line, which is higher than the house.... I really did want to know how they got so high up there....)

It's amazing what you can see if you look up or down or all around.... ~lol~

Atheist

Postby Atheist » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:59 pm

heheheh funny xD Wildlife<3
((((((((DU))))))))))

- Ken/Atheist

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:24 pm

((((((((((((( All ))))))))))))))))

Forgot to mention, I have caught 4 raccoons at my home. They call up the outside of the house and get into the attic of the big old house I live in.

It was 'live traps' and they were released in the country in a wooded area, so they are safe.

Will admit they were adorable, but they are wild animals to me, so freedom it was.

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:31 pm

For Ken/Atheist: So glad to see you're out & about on the forum & making yourself at home. That's great...!

For Warmie: Raccoons, too? Whoa, mama!<--(FourDave, did you see that?)
I always think "Bandit!" whenever I see a picture of a raccoon.... I haven't seen one in real life.... Don't want to.... I think I would run the other way....

I did manage to see a skunk when I was at the university, though.... Woo! No thank you! :lol: (Now, that's a definite RUN!!!!!)

Oh yes & (((((((Warmie + Atheist)))))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:25 pm

((((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))

One possum, caught the little guy twice, so second time to the country for him. But the raccoons were so so cute.

Had two hanging baskets of ivy on my front porch, and believe it or not had bird nesting there as well. Two baby birds per basket. Loved sitting out there listening to them chirping for the mother.

Also caught the 'daddy' squirrel in those live traps. Dang i think animals love me or something. Got a stray cat living under my storage barn at the moment.

Won't let me get close to it, so letting it be.

But no skunks, thank goodness!!!!

Summer is over now, can't wait for spring now!

LOL

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Wow... Well I guess we'll really have to modify that on that farm song....

~lol~ I forget what it's called.... It's an old elementary/kindergarten school song....

"on that farm he had a duck.... e i e i o.... with a quack quack here & a quack quack there.... etc."

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 pm

((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))

LOLOLOLOL!!!

"Old McDonald had a farm", that would be the song.

Oh you are funny, thank you! :)

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:41 am

My Dad also saw the deer in the yard... ~lol~ They like the bok choy he's growing. :lol:

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”