Opened the Door to Find....

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Yet another iguana on the lawn & it just strolled on by with me, my Dad, & my boyfriend standing outside.....

When I went over by my bf, there was an iguana on the hill. I think I saw them in the same day.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm

((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))

Better you than I. LOL

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 am

*Two Great Egrets standing in a line, just watching me as I was about to go down the road... Those birds are white.

* Smoky winged egret.... The body was white and just the ends of the wings were a soft smoke color. I'm sorry I didn't have my camera. It flew away after I moved....

*a hummingbird sitting in a tree.... If you know how hummingbirds are, their wings flap REALLY fast. It's pretty much a blur, so to see one sitting relatively still is a jaw-dropping moment.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 am

I saw a young deer just standing in the middle of the road. :lol: It was really funny! I was simply awestruck & so was the driver who saw it!

Driver turns the corner. [WHAT?!? Oh my word, I have to hit the brakes!]
Deer realizes it shouldn't be in the middle of the road like that and takes off like a rocket. [Oh crap that gave me a fright!] Absolute LOL.

mistystarshine

Postby mistystarshine » Wed May 22, 2013 7:18 pm

That's amazing! I saw deer eating flowers in someone else's home, and at my old house before I moved. :D

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Thu May 23, 2013 12:26 pm

We live in a typical northeast residential are with the exception that there is a lot of unbuildable wetlands all around. From the wetlands every night and every morning come the wild things in search of food. The most obvious are a family of deer but there are otters, skunks, woodchucks, etc. There is a natural small pond on our west side (shared by three families). The pond, which has an abudant supply of bass, turtles and frogs; draws egrets (nesting area about a mile or so away), families of ducks and 2 Canada Geese. All live in complete harmony -- until one tries to steal the other's food. Most are friendly towards us -- we do feed them -- but none are our buddies, as it should be.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”