About Sleep....

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid, Sunlily92

crystalgaze

About Sleep....

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 pm

I've been meaning to make a post about this, as a lot of people don't seem to sleep well....

My 1st question to all is: Do you have a routine for winding down for bed?

Like tea? Or a shower? Or something you like to do? (circle a word, etc.)

Is your bed too hard or is it the pillows? How about some memory foam? (That stuff has revived the dead beds in the house... I started out with one of those U-pillows for your neck & one for my lower back, which looks like a soap loaf or a 3D cylinder cut in half.... worked wonders)

Just some small random thoughts...

xn728

hey onika

Postby xn728 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:10 am

hey there yes ive tried a few of these ,they worked for a while but i must have become amune ,just bought a new bed ,that dont work either,,,
hope your ok onika ,im gonna try and post my good news tonight ,,,,,
see ya later Onika carrier of the weary ,,,,,,,,,,,xn ken

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:26 am

Yes, I'm okay. ^_^ Thanks Ken for checking on me...!

Thanks again!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:12 am

Okay... Well... I've been having a bit of time sleeping for the last few days finally....

& silly me.... I forgot that I have some essential oil I could use.... ~lol~

So tonight, I'm going to put something called SleepEase on an AromaStone f& see how it works...

I could also stock up on some Valerian essential oil, as that knocked me out one time when I really couldn't sleep. I've had Valerian tea before also, but I'm not gonna lie..... ~whisper~ It can be a little funky....

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:44 am

I don't have any trouble falling asleep usually but I do have trouble STAYING asleep meaning that I will wake up at around 1:30 and toss and turn for the rest of the night. Maybe I will try the essential oil that you mention. Thanks for the tip.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Last night I slept to close to 12 hours...!!! I was doing coffin-death sleep...

Sheesh! I wanted to get up & do laundry today, but it just did not work out... I was like, "Darn"....

Before I was able to get up... My body was havin' a conversation with me...

Me: I want to get up now...
It: No, not yet...

The light is bright from the window....

Me: Now?
It: No, not yet....

*starts to drool*

It: No... no drooling...

I end up rolling over...

It: You're stayin' put... & good... no drooling...

Rolls over some time later.... just laying with my eyes closed....

~sneeze~

It: Now....

~lol~ Now that was NEW! I've only had something similar happen 1 other time in my life...

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:49 am

Now really since I'm too hyper to sleep.... it's time to try some of that SleepEase oil.... Wish me luck yall... Here I go!

P.S. I feel like my eyes are all the way down on my face, by my cheeks....

Merhk!!! & there go the neighbor's dogs barking virtually under my window....

~sigh~ I love them still anyway.... :lol: but it is shrill barking.... T.T

Edit: The oils worked like a charm... I managed to fall into some sleep! Not much but some...

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 am

Last night was tense sleep.

I think I was stressing about something... I did have a nightmare.... My lip gloss & lucky skeleton key were on the bed last night & for some reason I was clutching them in my sleep, almost hanging on to them for dear life...

Can you imagine that? I feel like I had a hole in my chest this morning.

Edit: I have been sleeping in the day, a sort of hard sleep.... It's a little concerning to me, but I will ride out this big wave.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 pm

The sleeping in the day has sort of ironed itself out a little.

~lol~ Last night, I couldn't get to sleep. I'm sure it will get better soon!

Edit: I feel like a bit of a wreck, but tomorrow will be a different day (hopefully so).

xn728

onika

Postby xn728 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:46 pm

hope you feel even more better still tommorrow ,my dear freind ,a little lift for me to see you post ,but no tommorrow here for me i doubt
you have been missed ,,,,,ken

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:51 pm

what do you mean, no tomorrow for you here ken? you're really worrying me

onika, really good to see you back here you lovely lady

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 pm

First of all.

I am also worried about you Ken. I just wrote you a note on a thread that you had started.

It all sounds so very ominous.

Keep in touch with us.

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Sorry that I hi-jacked your topic with my last post.

I had just read another disturbing post from our dear friend Ken. When I saw that he has been following this thread of your so thought I would take the opportunity to post a little something to him.

To get back to the sleep thing. It has been a problem with me since January 31 1982. That was the day that my son was born. I started breastfeeding him on demand and just continuted right on after my daughter was born.

Turned out that I went for more than 5 1/2 years without a good nights sleep. Which in my books constitutes 6 hours in a row.

I think that part of it was that my sleep rythm was so out of sync that I didn't know how to sleep anymore.

Then when I became so terribly depressed I have only found help, through medication. I have tried many different things but it takes my cocktail of 5 meds a night, to give me some repose.

Now that I am "retired" and I don't have to worry about getting kids off to school, nor am I with my kid's dad so I don't have the responsibilty of getting anyone else off to appointed places in the morning.

I have a friend that also suffers from insomnia and I find it baffling the number of times that people will say "well you don't sleep anyway". They are usually the ones that are so crabby when they have just one nights poor sleep. Try multiplying that times 25 years.

Like with most things I guess. If you haven't experienced it yourself you have no idea how debilitating that insomnia or depression can be.

Didn't mean to go on for so long.

Hope Ken is ok.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:59 am

It's not a problem, Monty!

Sleep is becoming really interesting.... I had a nightmare last night--one of the "intense" ones.

So... I was running for my life (in yet another dream). It started out with a killing & every one sort of stampeding to get out of the building. Building was sort of wooden (thatch?) house, so people broke the walls easily. That's when I started running for my life, so I wouldn't get trampled.

In another part, later on, these 2 men were upset. They had guns & were trying to shoot me. I found a gun & would shoot blindly. A bullet did hit him.

I try to escape. Running through the rooms, I get to a balcony, where I can climb over it. I climb over it & nearly lose my balance. There was some ground there, but it still would have been a long drop....

Still, I can't find a way out & end up being back in the room with 1 man, who still had the gun.

I was hiding under/behind what could have been some kind of bed (again). The other one was above me, & he would fire shots at me.

He was extremely grief-stricken. He ran out of bullets. He stopped trying to kill me. I tried to escape, but no matter how many times I went through the door, the door always led back to the grief-stricken man who was sobbing & rocking back & forth.

Apparently, the person who died at the start of the dream was someone very dear to him. Since I couldn't escape, I just stopped trying. The man was still sobbing, so I sort of just went over to him & tried to comfort him. (e.g. rub his back) After a point, he clutched/hugged me very tightly & continued to cry, so I just continued to try to comfort him. (e.g. "There, there, it's going to be okay." etc.)

With that, I was finally able to escape the dream. The dream dissipated into nothingness, I was free, & I could finally wake up from it.

Ugh... I feel so beat up right now!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Sleep is so-so for me... I'd been off my vitamins for a few days or a few weeks, since I forgot to reorder them on time. ~lol~ (Oops!)

I am sleeping harder than usual... That's a bit scary, but.... ~shrugs~ I guess I can only roll with it....

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”