Anybody here under 30? Just wondering, looking for ppl who understand

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

fantasmagirl

Anybody here under 30? Just wondering, looking for ppl who understand

Postby fantasmagirl » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:14 am

I was wondering if there's anyone here who's closer to my age range because I feel like it's all old people on here sense nobody has replied to me :| I think it's harder for old people to understand that for some of us our problems started at a young age and we never really had a chance to be normal or even FEEL normal.

DasFx

Re: Anybody here under 30? Just wondering, looking for ppl who understand

Postby DasFx » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:21 pm

I think that “people over 30” can still understand what it is like to go through their entire lives wanting to end it…It was only after a “stay@in a psychiatric unit at age 4? that I actually got any help. It doesn’t matter how young/old etc someone is, if anyone gives me wisdom I’ll take, doesn’t matter if it’s my 5 year old niece or 60 y/o psychiatrist. Just be open x

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:37 pm

Yes depression can happen at any age and for any reason and to anybody. Actually you might try the chat room that's on this website. You'll find people of all different backgrounds and all different ages. They might even be able to help you. Of course the chat room isn't perfect but there are a lot of people on there who just want to help others because they understand and know what it's like. I wish you luck

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:42 pm

Also, Das FX if you're looking for some possible information, maybe a different way or a new way of looking at things.. let me throw one your way. Depression is a pause button and the brain uses it that way on purpose. This is only my opinion but, in my opinion, life happens and there is no pause button. So the brain uses depression like a pause button while it tries to figure out something that's not making sense. This is why when you're in a depressed mode you feel stopped or paused. Anyway again like I said just my opinion:-)

Pamplemousse

Postby Pamplemousse » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:37 pm

I've been depressed (actually bipolar) since I was 12 but no one in my family or even my friends know, even tho now I'm 22. I live alone (cause It's better for me) and wait to get home an start crying when I'm in my depression phase. No one around knows it cause if I tell it to my family, they we'll just tell me "it's just life". And my friends will just pity me and I don't need that. Sooooooooo life is great! (That was sarcastic in case you didn't get it)

haydenv019

Postby haydenv019 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:47 pm

I'm a 20 year old male that has experienced major depression since I was around 10. I was often neglected and have had countless negative experiences with other people, which has resulted in severe social anxiety. Currently, I'm in the military and have been attempting to utilize the resources available to me to begin therapy.

Thankfully, a psychologist has confirmed my initial self-diagnosis that I have had chronic depression for years now. I'm actually having my second session once I wake up tomorrow. I hope it is productive as he has discussed addressing my anxiety.

But guessing on how others have replied to this post already, depression can and will affect people of all ages. Life is circumstantial and unpredictable. For me, I just had a really bad childhood. Some may of have lost their cherished ones. Each person is unique, no matter the age.

I know it's a bit of a late reply, but if you would like to talk, I'm free whenever. I am just wandering around at night because I have nothing better else to do.

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:19 am

haydenv019 wrote:I'm a 20 year old male that has experienced major depression since I was around 10. I was often neglected and have had countless negative experiences with other people, which has resulted in severe social anxiety. Currently, I'm in the military and have been attempting to utilize the resources available to me to begin therapy.

Thankfully, a psychologist has confirmed my initial self-diagnosis that I have had chronic depression for years now. I'm actually having my second session once I wake up tomorrow. I hope it is productive as he has discussed addressing my anxiety.

But guessing on how others have replied to this post already, depression can and will affect people of all ages. Life is circumstantial and unpredictable. For me, I just had a really bad childhood. Some may of have lost their cherished ones. Each person is unique, no matter the age.

I know it's a bit of a late reply, but if you would like to talk, I'm free whenever. I am just wandering around at night because I have nothing better else to do.

Hello wandering around at night.. those words got me :) I'm here, feel free to message me if you like

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”