Don't have Clinical Depression but am depressed

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Chris0516

Don't have Clinical Depression but am depressed

Postby Chris0516 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:12 pm

I am depressed, because. What seems like, the ending of a long friendship.

I met a woman in a Depression chatroom, back in 2010. But, It wasn't until 2016. That I flew to her state to physically meet her. In 2017, and 2018, I saw her. Luckily, In 2018, there was a medical conference nearby. So, I went to her place after the conference. Like 2016 n' 2017, I stayed a week.

In 2019, I moved to another state from where I was living. So I couldn't visit her that year.

Right around the time of the move. Was the arrival of Covid-19(neither one of us have it, and are vaccinated). I haven't been out there since.

Fastforward to the Winter of 20/21'. She broke both her legs in a fall. She had surgery, and was in a rehab hospital for seven months. During her stay in the rehab hospital, and since she was released. We have talked on the phone, once or twice a day.

That was until last Sunday. Last Saturday, she told me she had a sore throat. When I offered to hang up so she could rest, she didn't want me to hang up yet. After 15mins., I did say I was going to go. To which we said our usual pleasant goodbyes'.

But when I tried to call her Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I got no answer. Then on Wednesday, I got the automated message everyone hears, 'This number is no longer in service". The only one who could have disconnected her cell phone. Is her 31yr.-old son who paid the bill.

I gave it 48hrs. before I called the local Police. They told me they couldn't give me any info. My last hope(per the police's recommendation) is her ex(also her son's father) via facebook so he could ask his son to go check on his mother. But I haven't heard back from him. There are now five profiles on facebook the same first and last name of her ex. When I was able to contact him several years ago to check on her. There was only one profile.

I am worried. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

JulianB

Re: Don't have Clinical Depression but am depressed

Postby JulianB » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:19 pm

Are you surprised that you have had no answer?

This is nothing to do with depression. You need to employ a private detective not to ask people on a depression forum.

Tealeaves

Re: Don't have Clinical Depression but am depressed

Postby Tealeaves » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:32 pm

I hope and pray that you found your friend.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”