I can't sleep!

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

useranonymous

I can't sleep!

Postby useranonymous » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:06 pm

I need to let off some anger. My dd who is 22 months old never sleeps through the night........and neither do I. My husband works full time so I do Sunday nights through to Thursday nights getting up at night. The trouble is every week it's DH turn to get up at night I can't sleep either. I am so incredibly in tune with every noise my dd makes at night I hear everything and wake up and become alert immediately, as well as hearing my dh get up over and over again. Plus sorry to swear but it pisses me off how long it takes him to wake up to go and see her. I know it sounds horrid but why should I have to wake him up to go and settle our daughter when I'm already awake every night. The monitor is right next to his head, how can he not hear! Last week I had only slept about 2-3 hours each night but the Saturday night DH was on I ended up having to get up aswell and eventually takeover which is just not fair. I don't work but I need to sleep too. So come on people, what the hell should I do? Ask the doctor for sleeping pills so I can take 1 on my husband's nights on? It must just be a mother's instinct to hear her child's every noise and movement at night. Hence why I'm laid here wide awake writing this at 2.01am. Before anyone suggests sleeping in another room or the garden, I have tried. I can hear dd everywhere in the house I go. I am seriously thinking of sleeping in the car on husband's nights on, don't know what else to do. This is definitely effecting my marriage . I'm sure I can't be the only stay at home mother experiencing this so please any helpful advice appreciated. I do realise I sound like I'm not appreciating how hard my husband works, but this sheer lack of sleep has been a really long ongoing problem for me so he is probably getting more sleep than me. I wish I could just get back into bed after settling daughter and fall straight asleep again like he does, but I can't physically and mentally relax until my daughter is relaxed. So please don't judge me. I fully appreciate everything my husband does and if I could actually sleep on his nights on which are only 2 a week ( I am so blessed he agrees to get up 2 nights when he works I know) I wouldn't give a dam about hardly ever sleeping on my nights on. And yes, I know having kids means lack of sleep, I am just asking for advice on how to sleep on my husband's nights on. Anyway, I will stop moaning now as I realise I am sounding quite defensive, I am actually quite a nice person. Just one more thing. Please don't anybody say well just sleep in the day when my daughter does as she hardly ever naps anymore apart from in the car on the way back from the playground or seeing friends or when I walk I walk the dog. Plus despite the lack of sleep I cannot just switch myself off in the day

Man--Argentina

Re: I can't sleep!

Postby Man--Argentina » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 pm

Take sleeping pills is not a bad idea, take it as a serious plan.
And whatabout tall about this with your husband ? At least tell him you are sleeping terribly and you are stressed.

useranonymous

Postby useranonymous » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Thank you for your reply :D I took your advice and spike to him about it. He was surprised when he learnt that it took him a long time to wake up to our daughter at night and he thinks the reason is because he is used to sleeping through due to work and because I have been the stay at home parent so I'm more used to her noises. He said he will try to wake up faster or sleep in another room with the monitor. I will see how it goes. Do you think the doctor would even let me have sleeping pills just to take 2 nights a week?

Man--Argentina

Postby Man--Argentina » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:01 am

useranonymous wrote:Thank you for your reply :D I took your advice and spike to him about it. He was surprised when he learnt that it took him a long time to wake up to our daughter at night and he thinks the reason is because he is used to sleeping through due to work and because I have been the stay at home parent so I'm more used to her noises. He said he will try to wake up faster or sleep in another room with the monitor. I will see how it goes. Do you think the doctor would even let me have sleeping pills just to take 2 nights a week?

Hi, sorry the late reply ! Good to know u talked with him !! About the pills, emm.. im sure im not from the same country as you, so dont know how it works there. But talk with a Dr and see what he tells you ! Im considering take sleeping pills too, first I want to try non prescription "sleep facilitator", and if that is not strong enough go for prescripted.

Take care hope u doing good !

Princess Ninja

Postby Princess Ninja » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:08 am

I have chronic insomnia. Sleeping pills aren't working for me. I listen subliminal messages and tibetian singing bowls sounds. They work miraculously.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:49 am

The best thing you can do is bear the suffering, i think giving birth to children is the least of a persons worries, the harder part is helping them grow up. The best thing is once they become independent, because they start supporting you, and can really help you in your life. Unity in family is the most powerful thing in life. Good luck on sleeping and remember to bear to brunch for now, over time, in a few months the babies will give you rest and will sleep longer hours.

useranonymous

Postby useranonymous » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm

[quote="Princess Ninja"]I have chronic insomnia. Sleeping pills aren't working for me. I listen subliminal messages and tibetian singing bowls sounds. They work miraculously.

Thank you for your reply. I listened to the singing bowls on YouTube and you are right, they sound like peaceful tranquility and kind of spiritual to me. It's very enjoyable to listen to. When they played around the edge of the bowl it sounded like angels. I love this. I can't stop listening now. How did I never think to try this before? Sorry, I probably sound weird haha.

Princess Ninja

Postby Princess Ninja » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:59 pm

I'm glad it worked for you. I listen Tibetian Singing Bowls to heal my chakras. That sound puts me to sleep. Also, banana peels tea really helps.

useranonymous

Postby useranonymous » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:13 am

Princess Ninja wrote:I'm glad it worked for you. I listen Tibetian Singing Bowls to heal my chakras. That sound puts me to sleep. Also, banana peels tea really helps.

Of course I still awoke to my daughter waking up but I definitely think the sound of the tibetian bowls helped my mind relax more and I found it easier to get back to sleep after being woken up. I think I'd have to be sedated to not wake up at all.

Also here's a random one. Do you have any idea why im getting constant pain behind my eyebrows, followed with a headache and dizziness? I also keep getting mild throbbing pain in my breasts (sorry for the detail!) I can't be pregnant as I have an iud

Princess Ninja

Postby Princess Ninja » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:50 am

useranonymous wrote:Of course I still awoke to my daughter waking up but I definitely think the sound of the tibetian bowls helped my mind relax more and I found it easier to get back to sleep after being woken up. I think I'd have to be sedated to not wake up at all.

Also here's a random one. Do you have any idea why im getting constant pain behind my eyebrows, followed with a headache and dizziness? I also keep getting mild throbbing pain in my breasts (sorry for the detail!) I can't be pregnant as I have an iud

I'm not sure. I used to have headaches when my insomnia was severe. Pain was mostly on top of my head and sometimes around back of my head. Sometimes it was feeling like burning and sometimes it was throbbing pain. Also, I used to feel dizzy. I was feeling like I step into an empty space when I was walking and sometimes I was feeling dizzy when I turn my head. But I don't think insomnia was the reason behind my dizziness. I think it was hormonal imbalance or stress or both of them. It's been like that for almost 2,5 years. But now they are not that bad. Now, I only feel dizzy when my period is about to start. By the way, I have PCOS. So, it may be hormonal or stress-related. But I don't know about pregnancy. I have never had children.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”