No one understands me

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

backstage

Re: No one understands me

Postby backstage » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Prycejosh1987 wrote:
backstage wrote:
Prycejosh1987 wrote:But you know what you do, and confess what you have done, that you think is wrong. Its really upto you. Im just giving my opinion, i certainly do not want to upset you. DO what you think is better. If you can control it then be "light headed" if you cant control it then Im sure you will still be able to do the things you want to do. Just because you have autism doesnt mean you cant enjoy life and get what you want.

I never said I wasn’t enjoying life and I don’t know what you mean by “getting what you want.” I was just saying thta autism is very difficult to deal with. Please educate yourself.

You didnt mean to say that you do not enjoy life in the literal sense, but you did say that communication issues are a hindrance to you and very off-putting. I was being hypothetical. I know autism can be difficult to deal with. I am trying to say have a more positive attitude. I am confident that you can control your autism at least to a degree. You said yourself that you know when something is wrong. Light headed means have a more positive attitude also. I didnt want to sound very superficial. Good luck.

I do have a very positive attitude, thank you very much. I’m allowed to have off days though. No one is perfect.

backstage

Postby backstage » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Autism is not something that can be “controlled,” only managed. Again, please educate yourself.

someone.

Postby someone. » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:38 am

backstage wrote:I have self-diagnosed autism as well as learning problems and I get misunderstood all the time and other people misunderstand me too. I have a communication style that is very different from how other people talk. I take things literally and don’t always understand what people say. I tend to be blunt so it comes across as rude, but I’m really a nice person, I just like to be honest about things. I was banned from depression chat room earlier for “not moving on” from something, but I really did not understand what moving on meant. Since I take things literally, when I think of moving on, I imagine my physical body moving. I have a hard time with idioms and metaphorical stuff like that. I tried explaining to the mods about my disabilities but they wouldn’t listen. I feel that is very ableist. I sent an email explaining my situation, hopefully they got it. I’m not very tech savvy so I’m worried I didn’t send it correctly. I guess if I don’t hear back by tomorrow I’ll send another message. Ugh, this is very frustrating and upsetting. I feel very hurt right now. :( I am new to these forums so I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

are you allowed back in ? If not and you need someone to talk to, im here.

backstage

Postby backstage » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:40 am

someone. wrote:
backstage wrote:I have self-diagnosed autism as well as learning problems and I get misunderstood all the time and other people misunderstand me too. I have a communication style that is very different from how other people talk. I take things literally and don’t always understand what people say. I tend to be blunt so it comes across as rude, but I’m really a nice person, I just like to be honest about things. I was banned from depression chat room earlier for “not moving on” from something, but I really did not understand what moving on meant. Since I take things literally, when I think of moving on, I imagine my physical body moving. I have a hard time with idioms and metaphorical stuff like that. I tried explaining to the mods about my disabilities but they wouldn’t listen. I feel that is very ableist. I sent an email explaining my situation, hopefully they got it. I’m not very tech savvy so I’m worried I didn’t send it correctly. I guess if I don’t hear back by tomorrow I’ll send another message. Ugh, this is very frustrating and upsetting. I feel very hurt right now. :( I am new to these forums so I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

are you allowed back in ? If not and you need someone to talk to, im here.

I was allowed back in, thank you. :)

valentind94

Postby valentind94 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:37 pm

backstage wrote:Some of the mods are nice, but some of them just seem power hungry and like they get a kick out of banning people who are already in a fragile state instead of asking how they’re doing. Most people just want someone to talk to and all they do is act like drill sergeants, strictly enforcing rules and banning people with no explanation. Some people break rules without realizing it. One of the mods who messaged me talked to me in a very condescending tone. I told them that it was a miscommunication (being on the spectrum, I struggle a lot with communication) and I asked them if they would please let me explain the situation, but they just told me to close the chat and then ignored me. I then closed the chat and cried for the rest of the night while having an autism meltdown. This experience has been very triggering to both my autism and ptsd and I really hope it gets resolved soon.

Maybe closer assistance could help these people.

fummymeasle

Postby fummymeasle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:19 am

Prycejosh1987 wrote: I am trying to say have a more positive attitude.

Easier said than done, but this is the key to almost every mental issue. Sometimes, we're the only ones who can help ourselves.

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Wed May 05, 2021 6:04 am

Hello
I'm not a doctor, but I like to help
Also, I'm not like you but, I do understand people like you.

The reason you come across rude, is because you don't sugar coat things. You give people straight answers. If someone asks you; how was your day?
You reply; it was good, or, it was bad. People think that's rude, because your giving them one word answers; but guess what...YOU are speaking/answering, correctly.

If they had asked you; how was your day and, what did you do? Well now they are asking for more information. In that case, you probably would give them a longer answer. For example; You went the store, bought some shoes and later that night, you baked a cake. If they asked for that information, you would probably tell them; but they didn't ask that; they asked, how was your day; which honestly, grammatically and mathematically; only requires, a one word answer.

Whereas It's true, a lot people automatically, offer more information; not all people do.
In closing, your answer is correct; theirs is too...its just coated in sugar.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”