Unsure

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Help123

Unsure

Postby Help123 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:45 am

Hello everyone
If I can get some ideas on this I would appreciate it. I had tried pack soul and then Effexor and had to stop both of these. It was determined by my doctor that I have a high sensitivity to serotonin and I was getting severe muscle twitching every morning and sometimes through the night. I am going to be starting something new in a week once the Effexor is out of my system. For the two nights after stopping the Effexor even though I was only on it for one week and I'm guessing it's because of my high sensitivity to it, I have had very vivid dreams the first night I slept through the night but last night it woke me up for five times because I was dreaming of the guy I broke up with who is been causing me the and depression. I've been looking around a bit and noticed that there could be side effects of going off of the Effexor. Just seems weird to me I was only on the Effexor for a week but I've never had these types of dreams before that would wake me up and leave me feeling upset. My pharmacist said that I need a week for sure and called it the medication having to bleed out and get out of my system. Because of my Anxiety I worry that the dreams will never stop but would like some ideas if anyone is hopeful that these will stop hopefully soon. I know when people are on this medication a really long time the withdrawal symptoms are hard and the dreams have been the only withdraw if it is even that. Thanks for your help!

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:01 am

Sorry that its been a month since your post with no replies. I would assume that since its almost a full month later that you've made the transition to the new drug. Hopefully that went well for you.

Any information you would get on meds here are from the patient perspective, not a medical doctor. If you need to unload anxiety (and believe me, I totally get what that is), the best source is your MD.

Sounds like a pat answer. But the truth is, every person reacts to these meds differently, so there's no real way to get solid information for your situation other than talking with your doc.

The only thing I would say is do continue to work with your doc. He/she is there to help you.

Best of luck

n

Prycejosh1987

Re: Unsure

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Help123 wrote:Hello everyone
If I can get some ideas on this I would appreciate it. I had tried pack soul and then Effexor and had to stop both of these. It was determined by my doctor that I have a high sensitivity to serotonin and I was getting severe muscle twitching every morning and sometimes through the night. I am going to be starting something new in a week once the Effexor is out of my system. For the two nights after stopping the Effexor even though I was only on it for one week and I'm guessing it's because of my high sensitivity to it, I have had very vivid dreams the first night I slept through the night but last night it woke me up for five times because I was dreaming of the guy I broke up with who is been causing me the and depression. I've been looking around a bit and noticed that there could be side effects of going off of the Effexor. Just seems weird to me I was only on the Effexor for a week but I've never had these types of dreams before that would wake me up and leave me feeling upset. My pharmacist said that I need a week for sure and called it the medication having to bleed out and get out of my system. Because of my Anxiety I worry that the dreams will never stop but would like some ideas if anyone is hopeful that these will stop hopefully soon. I know when people are on this medication a really long time the withdrawal symptoms are hard and the dreams have been the only withdraw if it is even that. Thanks for your help!

Dreams can be stopped by changing the mind and letting go of what the cause of the dream is. The guy you broke up with. Once you let him go and stop remembering about him and focus on new love you will overcome this depression and also the dreams will start to change. I do think that as a distant memory the dreams might still be likely to occur just in a different way.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”