happy valentines day

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

emily67

happy valentines day

Postby emily67 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 am

happy valentines day.

hope you all have a nice day

and those who don't have that special someone (like myself), i hope you are extra kind to yourself..

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:03 pm

I hope that you had a nice Valentines Day Emily. It's always fun reading your posts you bring a lot of sunshine to this forum.

love and hugs always

100footpole

Darn ... missed it again ...

Postby 100footpole » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:37 am

Bought my wife a card in spanish and then used Google to translate a message into spanish. She could kind of read it, but when she typed it into Google it came back in perfect English. She asked if I wrote it myself or used Google.

What would you do?

Ayrton Senna

Postby Ayrton Senna » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:32 am

Hi, 100footpole
My native language is Russian. I can understand English, but it difficult to express the feelings in foreign language and to avoid mistakes. I always prefer to read your messages without any dictionary and artificial translators.
Let's say the lady that is in depression. How do you know what those words mean for her, what she had been listened to from early childhood. How can you understand that? So, that is just a linguistic problem.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:40 pm

thanks for your reply Ayrton.

I bought the card in Spanish because the cards in English were either too serious or too flip. They say that Valentine's day was invented by the card industry, and after 100 + years they know how to pull our strings. I should look into buying a vintage valentine's day card next year.

I believe that a foreign language is the next best way to say what you mean because you are too busy trying to express one thing to worry about the other possible meanings. My wife and I were able to talk about what the words meant, which we wouldn't have been able to do with a card in English.

abhishekkalra

Valentine Quotes

Postby abhishekkalra » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 am

Valentine Day is a very special day in live of every lover. To make this day a remarkable one true lovers show love towards each other more deeply and greet each other with surprises. Now surprises can be hand made cards or a small picnic outside the city and can be anything special. Happy Valentine Day In Advance
Refer the below given links for some of the amazing quotes for special days of valentine weak

rose day quotes
propose day quotes
promise day quotes

Prycejosh1987

Re: happy valentines day

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:57 pm

emily67 wrote:happy valentines day.

hope you all have a nice day

and those who don't have that special someone (like myself), i hope you are extra kind to yourself..

Nice. And same to you.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”