I failed due to my anxiety

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Emotional_77

I failed due to my anxiety

Postby Emotional_77 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:05 pm

I am currently in the PSW program and I was doing my two weeks of community placement and i failed because I didn't take initiative or was too quiet. Everything else I done right, the clients had no problem with me, I even took part in singing and dancing activities with them when i hate those two things in public. My mentor (the one whom I was supposed to follow) was hardly there watching me and I did take initiative on finding things to do. But what does that matter if i was a little quiet? I did my job, no one complained about me. I came in early everyday, made sure i was back on breaks on time, talked to the clients as much as i could. Made sure the clients were never left alone, thought of activities or things to talk about with them and I get a failing grade cause im not as outspoken as "normal" people are? I did my best with the social anxiety I have and I still get a stupid failing grade. Every job requires communication and I am trying everything I can to do what I want to do. I dont want to be stuck doing something i dont want to do because of my illness? Why do we get treated differently because of it? No wonder why people hide it becuase of how mistreated we are. All I know is now I feel I am trapped in this glass frame and I can't go anywhere, accomplish anything because of this illness I have. I tried and it was right there, the door was right there and I could see its light but as i was stepping through it someone "the normal world with the normal people" closed it and locked it on me. Its like we are stuck behind closed doors cause of our difference, but isnt difference supposed to make us unique? not to be treated misfairly or judged as insane.

I am just really pissed off cause I was so close.. now I have to re do two weeks at another place but who knows when that will be. Ya im still young (20) but I wanted to feel accomplished and now with what happened I just feel so much like a failure. Life and people really do suck sometimes. :cry: :evil:

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:54 pm

I think you did an excellent job! Some examiners are not very understanding or open to personality differences... i don't think being a bit quiet should be penalised... don't worry, just try again... you are still young, looong life ahead of you... what's another two weeks ... just enjoy it... and hopefully the next examiner is better!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 am

(((((((((((((((((((((( Emotional ))))))))))))))))

How can they judge you when there weren't there with you, as they should have been, doing their job? The one that failed is and was your mentor!!

Feel you did all the right things and you will do this again if not for any other reason but to prove them wrong. You are determined person with a kind heart and a gentle soul.

Know I/we are here for you, always have a hug and a shoulder for you.

((((((((((( Emotional ))))))))) another gentle hug for you.

Warmie 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Hugs to both of you !! :D

I just needed that reassurance that it wasnt my fault cause I need a lot of positive comments to get me through another two weeks of placement i start on tuesday cause I feel like Im going to fail again :(.

Thanks for the replies and hugs, meant a lot to me. :) it really did!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:22 pm

(((((((((((((((( Emotional )))))))))))))))))))))))

Just an extra warm hug for you!!! You can and will do this, wait and see

Jeanie

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:24 am

(((((((((((((emotional))))))))))))))

don't think that you are going to fail again, it was just a bit unlucky that you got that mentor that wasn't even there, and was not understanding... you need to get all positive and tackle the next two weeks of placement with all that you have got... wishing you all the best! 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks again!! :)

Hugs to both of you

Sue8

Postby Sue8 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi Emotional, What is the PSW program? I've always been quiet too and have trouble being "assertive." If being quiet is your basic nature, embrace it, but it sounds like you need to have your self esteem build up not knocked down. I'm sorry that happened to you. Don't let it defeat you because it sounds like you did a really good job. Believe in yourself and try again. Many blessings, Sue8

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:28 pm

PSW is Personal Support Worker, taking care of the elderly or frail.
So you can work in community programs, nursing homes, group homes or in their own homes.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”