A question for all.

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

JovianHalo13

A question for all.

Postby JovianHalo13 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:07 am

When you are feeling low, depressed, lonely, or hopeless what is the one thing that can make you feel better. Even if only temperarily? For me it's being around little children. Their innocence radiates and i can't help but see the beauty of life in a child's smile.

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:20 am

Sometimes I take a walk, gaze up into the universe, see the stars, feel how big everything is, feel how small i am... i take a step back from my situation... see how small and insignificant the cause of my depression is as compared to the bigger picture... see how long life is and how short and insignificant my current obstacles and difficulties are...

and other times... chocolates, ice-cream, potato chips .... mmmm..... yes.... they make life worth living.... :D

JovianHalo13

Postby JovianHalo13 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:24 am

first of all i'd like to say i love the last part of your answer and second i'd like to ask if you are a casual star gazer or if you take a deeper interest in astronomy?

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:42 am

i have a general and casual interest in astronomy, but i'm not really a star gazer as such, i just normally try to absorb the deep (can't find the right word to use here) feeling that i get from staring at the vast expense of the universe...

flojo

Postby flojo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:05 pm

hey-its-ok wrote:Sometimes I take a walk, gaze up into the universe, see the stars, feel how big everything is, feel how small i am... i take a step back from my situation... see how small and insignificant the cause of my depression is as compared to the bigger picture... see how long life is and how short and insignificant my current obstacles and difficulties are... :D

Actually THAT is so beautiful I think I will print it out and put it on my desk and IT will be the thing that brings a smile to my face.

Thank you so much.

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Glad my method can help you Joan 8)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:30 am

((((((((((((((((( JovianHalo13 ))))))))))))))))))))

Children, watching nature in its glory, reading, music and good memories.

They all help in some way. Keeping busy is a key to get me through some of the hard times.

Warmie 8)

Chrissy

Postby Chrissy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:15 pm

my roommate makes me happy.. even when i'm really depressed she always makes me laugh. :-)

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”