Depression Physically Affecting Me

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

sara-sweet

Depression Physically Affecting Me

Postby sara-sweet » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Today has been pretty awful. I was hit with a pretty big wave of depression and I ended up feeling dizzy. Like, you know how you stand up and you're hit with a dizzy spell? That. Except continually. No matter what I did I couldn't stop it and I felt nauseous. What triggered my depression today was the fact that I felt like everyone who I had tried to contact -- ignored me. And of course, maybe there were other reasons they couldn't get in touch with me... But it sure feels like I'm being ignored. Especially by my boyfriend.

And with him, he tells me he loves me but I'm never quite sure if he does. You know? I've had my fair share of broken and abusive relationships so I'm always so paranoid about this sort of thing. Like I'm literally expecting him to hurt me or tell me he was joking. Like I feel his affection is just some sort of sick joke. I love him. I know that's true. And I want to trust him so bad but I always catch myself thinking: "Well, what if he hurts you", "Well, he doesn't REALLY love you."

I don't know.

I haven't been sleeping lately. I even took an anti-anxiety (trazodone, 50mg) and I still wasn't able to shut my mind off. I watched cartoons, I browsed on the internet until I was dead tired.

I keep having flashbacks too. Of a past relationship that lasted a year and a half. I'll remember it and I will literally sit up and say "NO!" like that will make the memories go away. I don't know...

I'm so tired.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 am

Could it be that your depression is related to any past relationships, or the one you're currently involved with? Maybe, even subconsciously?

Woglinde

Postby Woglinde » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:26 am

Depression can definitely hit you in a physical way.

I know that when I have a particularly bad spell, I can forget (or just neglect) to eat or drink, and that combined with the insomnia results in feeling light-headed or dizzy all the time. I don't know if that is the case for you, but eating and drinking more might help with that dizzy feeling.

I get that "brain will not shut down" kind of feeling all the time. It creates a bad situation because if I stimulate my mind with the internet, TV, or even reading a book, then I never get sleepy. I just keep going basically until my body can't take it any more. But if I don't distract myself, then I start to think the bad thoughts and that's even worse.

Just hang in there and try as much as you can to relax. The wave will eventually pass.

About your relationship... I am with you there, too. I had a really bad experience and now I'm guarded against every new one. I think the only real way to know what the other person really feels is to talk about it honestly, and even as I type that I know it's a lot easier said than done.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Depression Physically Affecting Me

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:10 pm

sara-sweet wrote:Today has been pretty awful. I was hit with a pretty big wave of depression and I ended up feeling dizzy. Like, you know how you stand up and you're hit with a dizzy spell? That. Except continually. No matter what I did I couldn't stop it and I felt nauseous. What triggered my depression today was the fact that I felt like everyone who I had tried to contact -- ignored me. And of course, maybe there were other reasons they couldn't get in touch with me... But it sure feels like I'm being ignored. Especially by my boyfriend.

And with him, he tells me he loves me but I'm never quite sure if he does. You know? I've had my fair share of broken and abusive relationships so I'm always so paranoid about this sort of thing. Like I'm literally expecting him to hurt me or tell me he was joking. Like I feel his affection is just some sort of sick joke. I love him. I know that's true. And I want to trust him so bad but I always catch myself thinking: "Well, what if he hurts you", "Well, he doesn't REALLY love you."

I don't know.

I haven't been sleeping lately. I even took an anti-anxiety (trazodone, 50mg) and I still wasn't able to shut my mind off. I watched cartoons, I browsed on the internet until I was dead tired.

I keep having flashbacks too. Of a past relationship that lasted a year and a half. I'll remember it and I will literally sit up and say "NO!" like that will make the memories go away. I don't know...

I'm so tired.

It might be in your head. There might be good reasons why "they are ignoring you" take everything at face value. Be more persistent when communicating with your people. You need to talk to your boyfriend and let him know about your feelings and then take things from there.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”