Huh God?

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Hmm....
Why do we pray to god and ask him this?
It's a good quote frame.

Frame

Postby Frame » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 am

I think that, how are lives begin, sets the stage for all that comes after. It's a sad story right now because I believe my life is falling apart and I'm trying to raise my sites high enough to make a positive post. It was going to be about the things we can do every day to calm our mind and strengthen our resolve. There are things we can do, that really work. But there are limits to what our minds allow us to do, even if they are the right things. Sometime the temptation to slip into darkness is almost overwhelming.

I think there are thresholds to pleasure and pain, each set in our brains, set early in our life. I think there references to what we experienced early on. Some people have threshold settings from their early childhood that keep them in a productive emotional range. Alarms go off when things get out of range and they pull themselves back almost unconsciously; the disabling negative self-pity isn't an option. I seem to live in a difference range, a different world. And I spend an inordinate amount of energy trying to correct my settings, always trying to boost the volume.

And it puts me in a tough position; because when I'm attending to just trying to get within range, then I'm disconnected, wasting energy (at least as viewed from the outside), inefficient, disorganized. And when I'm down, well then I just don't relate at all.

Yea, there were going to be some suggestions for calming the mind. Guess I just don't care right now. Maybe I'll try again later.

Frame

Postby Frame » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Yea so here's one:

Shawn Achor: The happy secret to better work

on TED talks.

It's pretty entertaining and it has a list of activities at the end, all of which have been mentioned here before, all of which I know work to increase happiness when we actually apply them.

He also explains why they work and why not to play war games on the top bunk of the bunk bed as a seven year old. So check it out.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Just One of those Steps or The Serenity Prayer

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Frame wrote:God grant me the strength to change things I can;
The Grace to accept the things I can't;
And the wisdom to know the difference.

But what if, no matter how hard I try, I can't change;
And what if that's simply unacceptable;
Where is the wisdom in being different?

Huh?
What about that?
Huh God?

I believe in what you said as the first paragraph, its a simple things to do and think. It takes deep thought to meditate on and is alot easier to read then to understand. I personally think it can be achieved when you really think about what is being said.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”