Racing thoughts

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

kitty28

Racing thoughts

Postby kitty28 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 am

Hey guys! I wanted to ask, is there treatment for racing thoughts, does it work, and can they be prevented?

fallen

Postby fallen » Mon May 13, 2013 12:51 am

get off coffee and sugar and drink camomile tea and meditate and concentrate the mind on something , an object of some kind.
personally i am use to my mind racing its like running without having to do the exercise, although i do understand it is tiring
take care .

jj

Postby jj » Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm

hey kitty, agree with what fallen said, meditation can help me so much. i think you reap the most benefits from meditation when you do it regularly, but even when i havent been doing it regularly if i am having a particularly rough time and i meditate for 15mins it helps so much. reduces anxiety too. it can take some time to get used to it if youve never done it before, but do a search online for meditation for beginners, or something like that and give it a few go's.

it helps me if i sit in a dark room.

and sit on the floor, on a cushion or something else comfortable.

let me know if you try it :)

surfcaster

Postby surfcaster » Mon May 13, 2013 9:08 pm

I agree with the meditation, I meditate everyday for a half hour or so, it helps keep the anxiety down and quiets the mind, don't get frustrated though it takes some time to get used to doing it and get your system down

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”