Social anxiety

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lara Smithson

Social anxiety

Postby Lara Smithson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 am

I've found not just to be tired or lethargic all te time but I feel very claustrophobic or very anxious in large social gatherings (and I have always been an out going vibrant person)... It's almost to the point of crying or just so desperately wanting to go home, to get into bed or back just in my room.

kitty28

Postby kitty28 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 pm

I started to feel like that last year. I went out and as soon as I got where I wanted to go, I couldn't wait to leave. I felt anxious and my mood rapidly changed, I was mad for no reason and didn't want to talk to anybody. I decided to go to the doctor, I suggest you do the same thing so you can start to feel like yourself again.

Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu May 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi,

I used to be very social, had plenty of friends and loved being in and around them and other people. then my life and mind just took a turn for the worse, im anxious now wherever i go, i really have disconnected with my friends and family and the only time i feel content now is when im alone with my thoughts. i will probably never understand why this happened. :(

jane123

Postby jane123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:24 pm

This is exactly how I feel, and I too used to love being around others :( are you guys better now?

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 am

Many of us seek time alone to emotionally recharge, to reflect or to explore our creativity or hobby.
When loneliness is experienced in a crowd of people, it can be even more isolating and make us feel disconnected in a frightening way. Loneliness may be felt as a result of a lack of love in our life.

Regards,

Frame

Postby Frame » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:36 am

I'm not sure how that helps SMcGregor. I agree about Love and loneliness, but I don't think people agree on what Love is much less how to get more in their lives.

Me, I think of Love as an act, not a thought or a feeling. Love is the action we take every day to support others with compassion, to help each other grow stronger. Love is also about the time we take to consider other peoples needs.

I believe that at least part of the problem of loneliness is that, at least in my experience, although I believe I can show Love for others; I don't feel worthy, or somehow can't accept, or maybe can't feel the warmth of other people's Love toward me. I can see it. I recognize it. I even feel gratitude; but somehow it doesn't penetrate my heart and warm my soul. Sometimes I think the problem is that I don't Love me. I do like to be alone and I do feel lonely in a crowd. Sometimes I can be in the middle of a conversation and suddenly feel completely alone.

Any solutions are welcome.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”