TW: Suicide Thoughts

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

username

TW: Suicide Thoughts

Postby username » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:22 am

There are so many people who say "life is worth living" "youve got so much to live for" rah rah...but do we actually?
I can understand suicide is hard for others but I've never really seen suicide as a bad thing. Ultimately its someones choice.

We are just one human out of billions of humans... Humans are just a tiny speck of history in the grand scheme of things. In a whole universe...It seems that suicide has only become a 'bad' thing in relation to religion. For instance in Japanese samurai culture it was honourable.

Does anyone else feel this way?

collinssly27

Re: TW: Suicide Thoughts

Postby collinssly27 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:12 pm

i feel that people who haven't been in a suicide Ideation situation cant tell me my life is worth it.
that's what bothers me it happens alot.
mainly when im in therapy they try to say your life is worth it but they havent been in my shoes

MindOverEmotion

Postby MindOverEmotion » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 pm

From my perspective, I think both of us are right. (Us vs. those saying "life is worth living" / "You'll be ok, just try to stay happy") I've chatted on the chat room of this site for a while now and have chatted with those who were at the end of their road despite the road keep going, it was the end in their eyes. I believe both "stay happy, ur fine" and "this is impossible, there is no purpose anymore" both are accurate. As it's understood, this is our choice. When I chat with people who are on the edge, I never say what "should" be done. I only share with them the state of mind they are in. (I.E. if someone is drowning we don't say, "oh your fine, just stay calm and things will get better" we jump in the water and help)

I don't advocate the attitude to quit, I support and advocate for the strength our minds have despite the lack of clarity of its existence. Just like how our mind is very capable in showing us how life is not worth living, our minds are also very capable to see how life can be worthwhile. The only difference is that quitting and going down hill is much easier than enduring and climbing uphill. Ignore all the "shoulds", and aim for "health". As I like to say, life may never get better but we can always get better at living it.

Linhle

Postby Linhle » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:01 am

I have been feeling suicidal since I got pregnant in 2016. Sometimes I stop myself each time I think of my daughter. And sometimes I feel like we should both die so I never leave her to suffer like I do because my family is not treating me right. They don’t understand they’re behaviour depresses me I just can’t do this life thing anymore

Pradanaus

Postby Pradanaus » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 am

I knew it is wrong that I had the thought for the last two years. I feel depressed and I lost passion to do anything that I use to enjoy. I lost confidence that I can do anything good. I always feel regret and things get worse if I do something.

Return to “Expressions”