No motivation

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

QuercusRubra

No motivation

Postby QuercusRubra » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:30 pm

I realise this is a normal thing for depression but how the hell do you get passed it?!
All i want to do recently is shut myself away in my bedroom, get high, and forget about everything.
How do i wake up in the morning, jump out of bed, and tell myself its gonna be a good day... i would be lying.
If you are reading this, tell me what helps you? Whats your anchor?
I know its different for everyone but cant hurt to try.

Geoff

Re: No motivation

Postby Geoff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Please don't worry too much here, it's quite ok to have a duvet day, and shut the curtains, and want to sleep and forget, hoping you'll wake up to a better place, and things DO change for the better at times.

Don't get high though, either drugs or alcohol, as absolutely no good mate, with what you described x

秋葉原通り魔事件

Postby 秋葉原通り魔事件 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:42 am

i am an hikikomori so I understand you, I can not get away from this situation

QuercusRubra

Postby QuercusRubra » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:49 pm

秋葉原通り魔事件 wrote:i am an hikikomori so I understand you, I can not get away from this situation

I hadn't heard that term before, "hikikomori", but after looking it up its actually quite relevant to my situation. I dont know how to get out of it, but i wish you the strength you need to do so.

Princess Ninja

Postby Princess Ninja » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:12 am

When I wake up, my mind starts to bring up bad memories. I think my brain dwells on them while I'm sleeping. So I start my day with anger. I write things that make me angry as myself and then I write the same things from a different perspective(like my friend giving me advice). It makes me feel better but I don't think it's a permanent solution.

Return to “Expressions”