Why do I feel so anxious? I can't take it anymore

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

aimage

Why do I feel so anxious? I can't take it anymore

Postby aimage » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm

I feel like every change in my life takes so much energy out of me. It is so hard for me to deal with it. I feel so stuck. I've been depressed for years but the last few years I have more trouble with anxiety now. Ever since I graduated college I told myself I would leave my part time job to find a job in my field but even the thought of taking that step makes me feel so anxious. The thought of just THINKING to apply makes my anxiety act up and I start to sweat. I try to be brave and force myself to do it but I end up having a mental break down. I just tremble and automatically feel like crying. It's already been at least a year since I graduated. I feel like I need to do things differently if I ever want to change this. I'm just not sure what to do to help me get into that direction. Is there anything I can do to help alleviate my anxiety?

Spleefy

Re: Why do I feel so anxious? I can't take it anymore

Postby Spleefy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:08 am

Hi aimage,

I totally hear you! I’ve been there myself.

There are dietary, herbs, tinctures, and supplements one can take to alleviate anxiety.

While these won’t make the anxiety disappear, they can reduce it enough to make it manageable while you work on the behavioral changes necessary to overcome anxiety.

You can do a Google search to learn what herbs are specific to anxiety. Diet also plays an important role in anxiety, so it might be worthwhile researching into that.

Do you have a health food store in your area? Some health food stores sell tinctures and herbs for stress, anxiety, etc.

I used to buy herbs from my local health food store and combine them to make an herbal tea that I would drink three times a day. I found that it calmed me immensely.

I’m not sure what you’ve tried to help with the anxiety.

My anxiety was so severe that I couldn’t even check the letterbox without panicking. So what I did to overcome anxiety was to take small, manageable steps each day.

I walked to the letterbox a couple of times a day. Once I felt more at ease doing this, I would extend it to the park across the road, or the local shop that was a mere thirteen minute brisk walk away.

I did this on a regular basis, gradually increasing the distance and duration I was in the public domain.

You will obviously need to customize this to suit your own particular situation.

Forcing yourself is necessary to overcome anxiety, as it is too easy to talk ourselves out of doing anything that is overwhelming or difficult to do. That is why small steps is important. Don't force yourself to jump into the deep end. Learn to swim in the shallow end first, then work your way to the deep end as you gain more confidence.

It does get easier in time the more you take these small, manageable steps.

Return to “Expressions”