Feelings Of Instability

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

PeaceLove

Feelings Of Instability

Postby PeaceLove » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:09 pm

This last month has been very hard for me. I have had worse than normal mood swings that I am not used to at all. It is becoming pretty hard to cope with as it can change within the minutes.

I can Be Happy and very outgoing with my friends, and the all of a sudden its like I am social withdrawal I lose all my self esteem in the blink of an eye without any trigger that I can see. I can be watching a movie and become so depressed that It borderlines me seeking help. Its like a snowball effect with my emotions except the snowball can go uphill,downhill, side ways, take a little break, split into to two and go opposite directions. I never Know how I am going to feel from one minute to the next and it is driving me crazy.

I am On bipolar medication for this but it has yet to help at all. I am beginning to think it is something else, as this doesn't seem normal to me.

I would honestly be OK will waking up out of bed feeling good, and not having a PTSD episode before I finish making breakfast. All I ask is for a little bit of linear emotions but jumping all over any which way.

Flash Backs have been pretty bad too and that is something I know I cant really do anything about its just something that is with me.

To be honest the only thing Good out of 2012 is getting Hormones soon for transition, and Finding this chat room which has helped more than I though possible and for that I am lucky I guess. To 2013 being a bit better as I start my journey.

balcony

Postby balcony » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 am

Hi Peacelove, what you describe sounds very difficult. I think I would ask a doctor about bloodwork. Sometimes, hormonal imbalances can suddenly occur and these imbalances can be triggered by medications or stress. Often it is very hard because people tend to pooh pooh "hormones' but anyone who has experienced fluctations will tell you they are very real and do produce real symptoms.

Changes of anykind in your life can also lead to symptoms such as these. We are so accustomed to a fast paced, ever moving society that we think we are supposed to be able to deal with it. Many do not..or not on society's timetable.

I hope things get better for you, thinking of you and wishing you peace.

Return to “Expressions”