A humble request. SCREW-IT-ALL-day.

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

(Un)Enlightened

Postby (Un)Enlightened » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello, all.

Tomorrow, even if you feel blue, I'd like for you to do something for me.

Do an act of kindness.

It can be something simple like smiling brightly at a stranger, helping the old lady across the street, commenting on the sunny day or even being a little easier on yourself and trying to find beauty in the world, just throw caution to the wind and do something.

Me? I'm planning on downing a pot or two (Really.) of coffee and being the sunny douchebag that everybody hates because they're so fricking peppy. I AM going to be happy for even five minutes tomorrow.

WHO'S WITH ME??!!

P.s. I will be very offended if no one particfipates. One for all and all for one, people. Dumas SAID so.

P.s.s. Seriously.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 pm

((((((((((((( (Un)Enlightened )))))))))))))))))

Thank you, what a wonderful thought. If I am out and about I will remember. But I did do that today, so can it count for tomorrow?

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 pm

An excellent idea, (((( (Un)Enlightened ))))! :D
By the Grace of God, I will certainly be following your advice. I do find that helping others, in however small a way, does boost my own mood and feelings. And, as that great Welshman Mahatma Gandhi said, we should be the change we would wish to see in the world.
( PS. Perhaps not so much with the smiling brightly at strangers though. Being very " British " I'm not sure if smiling brightly at strangers is quite " the done thing..." :o :shock: :wink: )
( PPS. As far as Mahatma Gandhi being Welsh...Er...I'd have to admit that I can't actually back that up with anything...Yet... :wink: :) )

(Un)Enlightened

Postby (Un)Enlightened » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:57 am

Warmie: Sure does count! I salutee thee, for being awesome and participating<3 What did you do, if I may inquire?

TackingIntoTheWind: These be wise words, Dear Sir/Maam, and I agree wholeheartedly, both with you and Gandhi. Actually, by celebrating Screw It All Day (I have thusly marked it into my calendar as such - Remember people; Screw It All Day on April 20th from now on! Or maybe I should extend it into a monthly thing...? *ruminates*) I experienced that it truely does make you feel better about yourself to be kind and respectful towards others and I had so much fun on Wednesday from smiling at confused strangers that I had my own personal SIA-day again today. :D Man, the look on the cashier's face at my new workplace when I winked at her. PRICELESS, I say.

P.s. We Finns are pretty expressionless too, but I got to admit I was surprised at the tough upper lip of Londoners when I visited last summer. I gave my bubbliest ten million dollar smile at the receptionist at our hotel and his facial expression didn't even budge! (And I refuse to think it was because my smile isn't as cute as puppies because it totally is, DAMN IT.)

P.p.s. Actually, I have heard from a most reliable source that Gandhi was, in fact, Welsh, so I'm with you there. *nods*

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 am

(((((((((((( (Un)Enlightened ))))))))))))))

Nothing major. Act of love for my sister. She had surgery and I have been trying to help her. Running errands, taking food. What families do.

Warmie

Return to “Expressions”