We are the same

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

scm9988

Postby scm9988 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:47 am

aim wrote:I believe in order to love another, we have to accept and love ourselves too. Once this incredible thing happens, we can begin to stand on our own two feet, and not completely depend on another human being to MAKE us happy.

aim, I think I am not too late to understand what u had just said. I have got the perception since I broke with my gf. From the moment I broke with my gf, only I realized I was completely depend on her, I was unable to stand up by my own feet.

Now I am slowing making adjustment on my mood, and hopefully I do learn something from the past experience. I do think that what I am doing currently is a redundant job. If I was not depressed, I am not going to be so vulnerable, and there is no necessary for me to learn something like this in a hard way. Why do I say that? Since we can see people around us can stand up very quickly after they have failed, they don't learn this and that in order for them to back on track. I hate myself for being so weak and vulnerable.

aim

Postby aim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:47 pm

crystal, scm... how are you guys? All is well, I hope. Just checking in to see that everything was ok with you two. Please write soon!!!

scm9988

Postby scm9988 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 am

I am fine here aim, thanks for ur concern. I am so passionate in my school study now, just to make sure I am making changes to past failure.

However, I don't look for a new gal friend currently. A very wise sentence that was posted previously, "We should be able to stand up by our own feet before we can assure the happiness of others". I understand my limit. I should focus on something which is within my capability.

aim

Postby aim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 pm

hey scm... I agree that we need to make ourselves better before we try to love someone, HOWEVER, having said that...

When we fall in love, and that person loves us back, we are so fortunate to see ourselves through their eyes. We get to see what it is that they love about us, and hopefully, begin to see it in ourselves. Sometimes others, especially those who love us, help us begin to love and appreciate our own selves again. :-)

Glad you're doing well, and glad you're focused on your studies. Just one more thing to make you a more well-rounded person.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:54 am

(((((((((((((( scm9988 )))))))))))))

Seems you are making some headway....

I understand my limit. I should focus on something which is within my capability.

This isn't an easy task, but one we must all make happen. Glad, no pleased to see that you are.

Take care

Warmie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”