Going back to college with depression?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Friday13

Going back to college with depression?

Postby Friday13 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 am

Everytime i've been college i've dropped out...I thnk my depression started in school when I had an ED and i was si'ing but i didnt go for help then after leaving school i went to college, i gained weight because i started eating more out of boredom in free periods which then got me down but it was so hard to cut down by then because it had become comfort eating and i was getting close to being a binge eater.
Anyway it all got on top of me and i waas crying all the time and couldnt get on with my work, i was soo stressed and then i droped out of college.
Later on i applied for photography but got a place then never went because i didnt have a penny for bus fairs etc..
Also i started a business course from home but i never finished it because it was too hard.
Now ihave no job as there isnt any going, i got a place doing hairdressing apprenticeship but i have to find a placements but whereas theres no jobs going theres no placements either so i keepp looking but the college havent even rang me to see how im doing with finding a placement because there supposed to phone about hairdressers for us too andhelped us and they havent, they havent helped my friend either.
Now im thinking if i go to college part time doing something ill be entitled too Job seekers allowence aswell but i realy need to be on track this time, organised, focused etc..
any tips...?

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 am

I'm in a similar boat....

The only thing I can think of is: Look at your self. Keep looking at yourself & look at yourself some more.

I've been asking myself: What kind of condition am I in at the moment?

Do you have ways to handle stress so you don't quit?

In your case, with the hairdressing, can you go out and look instead of waiting for them to phone? Maybe you will find something? ??? If you haven't tried, it might be worth doing?

In terms of school, I would try to look at myself & see if I'm doing something to contribute to what I don't want. (e.g. Sometimes, I procrastinate, so I have to find ways to beat it. etc.)

I hope this helps a little?

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:20 pm

I didn't know where to put this, but I came across an interesting article (school related). Please take a look.

What do you think?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32863895/ns ... ealth_news

http://www.snl.depaul.edu/StudentResour ... /index.asp

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”