Tips for Solving/Preventing Disorganization? + Cleaning

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 pm

(((((((((((((( Cystal ))))))))))))))

What amazes me is how dirty the glass on pictures can get.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

Oh my word, YES! Picture frames are just amazing, in that regard! :lol:

After taking a good break, I was doing a little organizing today, out of necessity. Some repair people are coming tomorrow. It had to get done anyway, so no big deal.

So far, it's

assorting clothes
some dishes
packing away things in the cabinets
putting things where they belong (e.g. TP + PT on the roll)
washed out what needed washing out.

I'm taking a break right now because I will go to the dentist in a little bit.

Maybe when I get back, I will do a little more, but I don't really want to do anymore at the moment. Oh well.... That's part of life at times (e.g. doing what you don't really want to do).

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:11 am

(((((((((((( Crystal )))))))))))))

That's part of life at times (e.g. doing what you don't really want to do).

That can cover a lot, and you are right.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:19 am

Okay.... I'm a little excited/exuberant because.... I'm finally starting to have ideas about what to do with some of my things. Creativity is boss, I tell ya! :lol: (Without it, I feel so dead.... Sheesh!)

I have also been getting rid of clothes I don't use or that doesn't look good on me. Right now, I'm in the process of just simply tossing clothes that look like one of those big brown paper bags on me.

That big brown paper bag visual I imagine has been a great help, in being able to discard some things. What I'm doing now should help me in the long run, particularly with trying to move into a professional feel & a healthier, more positive, more cohesive, appropriate self-image. (e.g. People won't think I'm crazy....) There's just no place for baggy, if I'm trying to eventually land a job or just put out a decent image/impression of myself.

There is still more to do.... like toss some of my overly huge vests & muscle shirts + some other shirts.... (I keep forgetting I lost a good bit of weight already...) They used to fit but don't anymore.... which is good. Now my vests look like mini dresses that I wouldn't dare go out in the street in ever.... XD

Since muscle shirts are one of my fave shirts, I may get like 2, but in my size & it should look alright.... I am hoping I will have muscle to show again soon. :lol: I do have some men's T-shirts still, which look good because they are in my size. (I wanted to support this organization, but they only had men's T-shirts.....)

There is.... hope/salvation for me yet. :)

Also.... I found an easy way to make up the bed. :D I only use a quilt when I curl up at night. What I did this morning was to turn it over & toss it across the bed & it's made.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:05 pm

((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))

I sort things when I put summer things up and get winter things out. Works great for me.

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Sounds that you are going along, great guns, getting things cleared up.

I have a terrible time with my room. I have my desk (with computer), computer tower, chest of drawers, single bed (ahh) tv. dvd/vcr player,two little book cases.

It is so tight in her that I can sit at the computer, twirl the computer chair around (I forgot that) and I could use my bed as a desk.

You have given me inspiration to get up off my butt tonight, and get some junk cleaned up, and sorted out.

Also need to weed out clothes that I am not wearing.

Thanks crystal

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:27 am

Heya Monty! :) You're welcome! I'm glad that something here is inspiring/helpful to you! ((((((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))))))))))

Sometimes, you just don't see how much you accumulate! I know I didn't!

I have been discarding more of my clothes--more vests, tank tops that are pretty old, faded & worn. I even parted with my muscle shirts & some backup pants I've had for a long time (for when my weight shifts). They were just too big in most cases.

Almost everything fits in my closet! (which is not big but I do have these special organizer hangers that can fit like 5 or 6 items on 1 hanger) I'm doing my best to "make it work".

The last thing to go through are sports bras & boxers. I will reduce what I have & keep just a few, so they fit in my drawer with room to spare.

I'm nearly done.... Then, I can finally sweep + mop the floor!! :lol:

It's amazing how things are a process!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:08 am

Finally:

--got the dishes done! (left 1 cup to soak)

--took out the trash

--packed away some stuff from shopping

--threw out a little more

--a little cleaning

There's more to do, but that's my list for now.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Shopping is done, enough for one day! :)

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 am

This morning at about 5 am was the bathroom floors (2), the 2 hallway floors, & the front porch. All were swept & mopped.

I will probably do some organizing between later today or tomorrow, so I can sweep + mop the floors.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 am

(((((((((((((( crystal )))))))))))))

Wow, that's early. Glad you got it done just the same.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:58 pm

(((((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))

In my hyper moment, I have been trying to figure out what to do with the room I sleep in tomorrow....

I am thinking of getting rid of this clothes rack thing that's in the room & putting the clothes on it in the closet.

Basically, I am hoping to rearrange the whole room to make it more comfortable for me (because I don't know when my parents will get to going through their stuff).

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:16 am

(((((((((((( crystal ))))))))))))))

You stay busy, that is the important thing.

Me, working a broth for the chicken and noodles for tomorrow, got the turkey's defrosting for Thursday.

Thank goodness the heavy cleaning is done. LOL don't know why I do that, for after the company leaves, I will need to do it all over, but, my home will be clean for company. Way I see things.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm with ya on that one Warmie! I don't like to invite anyone into a very dirty house!! Being lived in is one thing but dirty is a whole other story! I would probably wish I could fall into a black hole.... :lol: (That's too dramatic, I know, but I think you get the picture....)

Today is my day to recline. Ah, how I need it.... I finally came down from being hyper.... Oh my word, it was quite a bit.

I did go hang out the rag from the door this morning, though!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:31 pm

(((((((((((((( crystal )))))))))))))))))

Enjoy your break....

Warmie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”