Christian Counseling & Music

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

cgaze2

Christian Counseling & Music

Postby cgaze2 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:05 pm

Hello! I just wanted to share my latest personal experiment.

Out of every counselor I've ever had, my best one is my Christian counselor, Mark. It is just like regular counseling, but I can talk about religious topics, if I so choose without worrying like, "Oh, is that offensive to you??" or "Oh, is that something I shouldn't say??" We can pray. We can talk about scripture. Whatever.

He recommended Christian music to me a few sessions ago, & I find it to be working. I did have some resistance to it at first, until I heard some songs talking about real life stuff that resonated.

I rock out with Pandora Contemporary Christian station or the Gospel station that is also called Music Choice on my TV Station. Of course, you can use other music apps. For me, it's great accompaniment to whatever I'm trying to do in the day (cue cleaning in the house :lol: ) or preparing for my day.

I don't remember if I mentioned this in past posts, but the Christian music is paired with emotional management techniques (Emotional Freedom Technique/Tapping, Body Code, Body Talk, etc.).

Instrumental music like jazz, classical, easy listening, video game, etc. can also work. :)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”