What's the most challenging thing you have to deal with while also dealing with depression?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CamGirl

What's the most challenging thing you have to deal with while also dealing with depression?

Postby CamGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:05 am

Our depression comes from a lot of things, mostly our childhood, our family. Some may experience it in school. I just want to know what is the most challenging thing you have to deal with while also experiencing depression? How did you cope?

fummymeasle

Re: What's the most challenging thing you have to deal with while also dealing with depression?

Postby fummymeasle » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:30 am

It's hard being a parent when you're having to deal with depression. You have to act okay even though deep down inside, yoou're hanging by a thread.

ocean

Re: What's the most challenging thing you have to deal with while also dealing with depression?

Postby ocean » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:23 pm

the most challenging thing to go thru while depressed is that no ones know your depressed because your the funny, happy and outgoing one out of the friend group. Always the one w the best advice but it’s ironic that they don’t know that i’m the one needing advices rn. Also when i tend to tell me problems it come off a as a joke to them because hey guess what no one can take me serious cause i’m the “class clown” of the group.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:45 pm

Hey there! Thank you all for your responses.

Indeed. I agree with both of you. Some people who are dealing with depression don't seem like it. They are happy outside that's why people are not used to hearing them complain about not being okay at all. Sometimes, I really wonder where depression is coming from. I mean, it gets to me that I can't have the worst situation in the world. I should be okay and happy. But why?

Has anyone of you had any experience going to a therapist about this? How was your experience?

nebula

Postby nebula » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:20 pm

The most challenging so far is when I was a scholarship student while working part-time job. I remember I had to go to the toilet every two hours just to cry for 5 minutes and went back to the laboratory and pretend like nothing happened. Sometimes I couldn't even hold back my tears while I was in the laboratory and just continue working while the tears kept running down. The most frustrating thing is that I didn't even know why I cried. But it's better than later when I couldn't even cry. So I just search or an empty corner or crouched down under the table. I couldn't feel pain, so I do everything recklessly and got some wounds. I even burned my hand.

nirvanahigh

Postby nirvanahigh » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:48 am

Personally? Myself. I really am my own worst enemy and having to live with the person staring back at me knowing that it's all in my head, that it's me who's making me feel this shitty but there's nothing that I can do because depression.. it's f****** taking over every space left available in my mind.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”