Feel like its getting to much

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Tots

Feel like its getting to much

Postby Tots » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Been battling depression for many years now and the last 2years I've been getting treatment.. no matter what I do I cant get the crazy thoughts out of my mind (suicidal thoughts) . I hope an really think I'm not strong enough to follow it through but the more I think about it the more it scares me. If I didn't have children I honestly think I wouldn't be around anymore. This pain inside is eating me up an every day is becoming harder an harder to bear . Is there light at the end of the tunnel or is it just a matter of time.

PDNDM20

Re: Feel like its getting to much

Postby PDNDM20 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:27 am

hi, I hope you are doing well
It feels wrong to say I can relate because everyone's situation is different. but the way you feel is exactly how i feel. i don't have kids so i may be a little younger than you but i do completely understand the wish for a light at the end of the tunnel. my thoughts come up every once in awhile and all i can do is isolate myself a force them away... but its tiring. But i try to tell myself its worth it to keep fighting because death is not what I want its what the depression wants. And i refuse to let it win. I hope you feel the same.

if you want to talk I am here...

angelinal25

Postby angelinal25 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Depression is a neurological condition, associated with dysfunction of specific brain regions. it is more complex than a medically defined ‘chemical imbalance’.Its important to do depression treatment on early stages.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:14 pm

You need to address the underlying issues. There are always suicidal triggers, have cause a person to want to self harm or overdose, etc. There is a reason that is causing you to feel suicidal, do not take it lying down. See a counsellor or therapist to help you through issues. Talk to somebody around you about it, you cannot go wrong.

useranonymous

Postby useranonymous » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:58 am

Hello

I can really relate to you. My 22 month old causes me alot of stress and most things are a battle when I already feel really low. She doesn't want to eat most things I cook, potty training ends up me chasing her around the house plus she has started throwing things and she laughs in my face when I tell her no and she won't let me sleep. Also the temper tantrums are more frequent. I feel like I'm a rubbish mother due to this and my emotions mixed in. I have cried many days now. I have just started counselling and even though I've only been to one session I enjoyed being able to talk to somebody who listened, didn't judge and gave helpful advice.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Meditation helps a lot. Find happiness within you, and it's important that you surround yourself with people who make you feel validated.

KeraBear

Postby KeraBear » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello,

I read your post and wanted to respond because it does not appear to me that you are a "rubbish mother". You mentioned that your little girl is 22 months (almost 2 years old) and people don't call that age the terrible 2's for nothing LOL. I wanted to leave a link to an article with some practical advise on raising children. The article also references a few books written on child-rearing that you might find helpful.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&do ... rcid=share

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”