My disappointment and Anxiety Got the Best of Me Yesterday

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

My disappointment and Anxiety Got the Best of Me Yesterday

Postby CitM » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:31 pm

I was upset after awhile because I was upset and just awful to my daughter and husband and trying to get control of myself which wasn't working at all. I think the last straw was when I saw a kid 'murder' a rhubarb stalk and just waste it, when my neighbors poisoned my rhubarb garden this spring. I haven't gone near it because it looks completely chemically burnt and smells of herbicide and God only knows what else.

So I was having a temper tantrum. Not a thing I like. In fact I really dislike it when I have one. I'm tired of them and I know that it is my own fault because when one opens the door to that kind of personality... well....

Fortunately, fortunately, I started to shake my tantrum, donated money to a H.S. music program and was off looking for one of those light up rings and bracelets they sell at 4th of July events to give to my daughter as a peace offering and apology, when suddenly... I fell. I twisted my ankle good. For a minute I couldn't tell if I broke anything or not.

I was so lucky because a man came to my aid right away (he was an angel) and asked if I was ok. I told him that I didn't know yet. He told me his story (which was soooo much worse than any of my experiences) and asked if that made me happy, which of course it didn't. But then it helped me focus on someone else, and my pain lessened as we talked. I was able to help him a bit, for which I was very happy. I was able to get up and get to my husband and daughter in the bleachers and get back to our car after the fire works, with nothing but a sprain. I learned a couple of things from that mishap and it was absolutely the best thing that happened to me all day.
1. I know what a temper tantrum is. I don't like them. I can stop them.
2. Those tantrums are what are really ruining my and my family's day.. not anything else.
3. Who cares if we get hit with supernatural shenanigans. I'm just going to take those at face value from now on and start behaving the best I can, and not with tantrums or vexations.
4. I really need to do something for people who are working but have an unplanned misfortune and find themselves living out of their cars because they cannot afford two months rent right away.
5. I need to be careful, as I start to work in frieght and passenger trains and caution automation, that we're not in the business of putting truckers out of a job, but solving demand for freight above and beyond what drivers could ever deliver. The demand will go so high.

I learned a lot from falling off of that curb. And believe it or not, I'm so grateful.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”