Feeling tired today

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

QtKira

Feeling tired today

Postby QtKira » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:11 am

Hi, I just joined this forum last week. I heve been feeling so tired and down lately. I have also put on quite a bit of wieght in the last year (20+ lbs). I am not sleeping well and I just don't feel like doing anything. Since, I have to work it can be hard. Anyway, my doc is taking me off of Lexapro and Seroquel and has me on Cymbalta. I felt good the first 2 days on the Cymbalta. I had plenty of energy and I felt super happy - but now I am feeling that dip again. Is this normal? This seems to happen with every medication that I take. This is my second week on Cymbalta - should I give it more time to work? Any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 pm

hi, yes you should definetily give it more time to work. Medications can take up to 6 weeks to start working, it all depends. Give it another couple weeks and if you notice a big change in where you are really depressed then go see your doctors. This dip right now is normal but if it keeps lasting or gets worse than no it is not. Hope this helps sweetie. Take care of yourself.

JudeB

Not Alone

Postby JudeB » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am

You are not alone in this. When I first got on my anti-depressants, it was hell. So many side-effects and it took soooo long for each one to take effect and SEE how they did for me. I ended up taking more medicine to help the side-effects of my anti-depressants! (I don't recommend that. :))

I am on zoloft and ativan (as needed) now. I think it helps as much as medication alone CAN help.

If you are anything like me, patience is not your strong suit. But, hang in there...it does get better.

As far as being tired all of the time; I can't help ya there.
Between depression, medications' tiring side-affects, in my case severe allergies, in your case working....I wish I had the answer for ya.(and me)

Hope it helps that you are soooooo not alone in what you are going through.

Virtual hug going out to you..... :)

QtKira

Still tired

Postby QtKira » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks for the advice, JuneB. I am still feeling super exhausted today. I saw my psych on Tuesday and he upped my Cymbalta to 60mg and is still has me taking Lexapro 5mg every other night and Seroquel 150mg every night. He said I should really ween off slowly. I just feel like a zombie going through life. I just want to rest, rest, rest! My doc said that I need to deal with a stressful situation that I am going through right now, or no pill is going to help me. I guess he is right. I'll check in later. Take care of yourself.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”