hard to work

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

spice

hard to work

Postby spice » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm

This is probably stupid but has anyone else had this problem, some days I find it really hard to get out of bed to go to work. I only started this job 9 months ago but I have had quite a few days off not because I didn't want to go but that I get this feeling that no one wants me there and I am more of a nuisance than a help and that all I do is get in the way. Some days I force myself to go and put on this front that is all happy etc but when I all I want to do is hide in a dark corner and cry. This is becoming a big problem and I don't want to lose my job over it. Has any one got any advice how they deal with this. Thanks heaps

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

I know how hard that is...
Maybe start a set routine an see if that helps you get up in the morning? Or visit your GP and speak to them about it?

TammyJS

Postby TammyJS » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:13 am

I understand also. I am trying to go back to walking and see if that helps. I know before I had to stop it was helping me a good deal along with my meds.
A trip to your GP maybe a good idea for you at this point.

saragupta

hi there

Postby saragupta » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Hellooo spice,
first of all warm welcome to this site.
I am Sara, 26 and i am from India.

I have gone through that phase many times in the past but i have decreased (to some extent) its frequency now. It happens with me, but not so often now.
I believe, that sometimes, unknowingly or subconsciously we start thinking that people around us are far superbly smarter than us. It happens. It is SO normal to feel this way at workplace, sometimes. Actually what happens is, when others make mistake either they have THAT kind of attitude that they just forget about it and don't take it to heart and move on. But dear, people like u and me, often take our mistakes very seriously at workplace. I am not saying that one should ignore his or her's mistakes. One should always learn from those. Right? I am just saying that we need to learn how not to take it "Damm soooo seriously".
I, sometimes start looking at my recent/latest mistake as piled up over the bundle of other mistakes that i had made in recent past. This creepy picture makes me to feel inferior to others. It is at that moment when i forget about the fact which says, that everyone makes mistake, the only difference is, how u perceive it!
1. Ignore it completely and walk like a self centered queen.(i think u r not even near to this category)
2. Take it sooo so so seriously and then keep cursing urself and kill the fertile land of ur brain...which results in lack of confidence to take decisions.
3. Take it seriously but just to learn from it for future and then u should be able to think about what can be done to compensate the damage done.

I am myself belongs to 2nd category. But because i have figured it out so now i try to talk to myself whenever i end up in such situation.
Now i am trying hard to push myself to 3rd category.

I think if we try to "SPICE" things up in our lives, a little bit...it will surely help.
Like learning guitar or hmmm...have u ever tried making lamp shades at home!

I don't want to force my views on u, spice. Just let me know frankly if i am perceiving ur story in a wrong way. Okay.
I hope i could help. And will be glad to help further.
Keep posting.
And just smile on the fact that u at least have a job. Aaaah, that's a big achievement in its own, in today's economic conditions. Am i right?

Jalapeno

Postby Jalapeno » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 pm

I've been struggling with the motivation to go into work, too. Currently I'm employed as a peer tutor on campus, which means that other people are directly impacted by my performance. However, this is an inherently fulfilling job so I may have some advantages over, say... someone who has to go into a store they hate every day and bear the brunt of their manager's frustrations.

What kind of job do you work and what is the environment like?

turtle8378

Couldn't work myself

Postby turtle8378 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Not stupid at all. When I was working it was like pulling teeth to get to work. In the end, my work anxiety was so bad I was throwing up every day at work.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”