Pregnant and depressed

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

CrazyLady17

Pregnant and depressed

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:53 am

Well I'm 8 weeks pregnant(just found out yesterday), and I don't know what to think or what to do. I am 17 and I have major depression and I do tend to harm myself and things etc....
Been kicked out by my parents for getting pregnant and now staying with my friend and her parents(for now)...
My ex-boyfriend is the father of the baby and doesn't want any sort of part in the life or my life.

What should I do?
I'm so stuck in the middle of things.
I'm freaking out.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 am

Any help, advise or support would be grateful.
Really am struggling and really am findin it hard to know what's the best thing for me to do right now.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:46 am

Needing some advise? :(

Frame

Postby Frame » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 am

I just want you to know that I care about what your going through. I think we both know that all of your choices require difficult decisions. And so all of my advice would entail difficult questions. And so all of those questions can be construed as harsh.

Sometimes we have to decide between feeling better in the short run and feeling better in the long run. Things people would ask you to think about won't always make you feel good. They're not trying to make you feel bad now. They're trying help you feel better longer, perhaps a little later.

So I want you to know the things I've said aren't designed to hurt. They are design to direct you toward a calmer less chaotic you. I think that's what you want. In any case, all of my direction has been and will be to get you and your child to health care professionals, whether it feels good now or not. You need counseling, you need vitamins, you need monitoring, perhaps medicine. I have a host of questions that would try to help you get there and they would probably all seem harsh.

I wish you the best.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am

Aww thank you Frame.
Yes I know all my decisions are going to be hard, and I know I'm the only one who can make up them decisions.... But I gess it's easier said than done right?

I know what you mean.... And once again I'm sorry, and I want too be forward from all that now. Okay?
Hmm suppose so....

Well if you have questions- then ask me the questions? I guess I've learnt you're not being harsh you just care. Am I right in saying that?
And thankyou again.

Am struggling though.
Finding out I'm pregnant and getting kicked out is hurtful.

CrazyLady17

Wondering

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Was wondering if being pregnant can affect the pregnancy? And affect the baby?
If I harm myself(which I'm not saying I am going to), would it harm my baby?

Also what happens if my depression gets worse? What will happen withy pregnancy?
I'm freaking out and feel scared :(

Frame

Postby Frame » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:29 pm

I've often wondered how emotional difficulty, like depression can affect a pregnancy. I have theories but haven't seen any evidence. However, there is a world of evidence out there about how pregnancy can effect your emotions, especially depression. Your pregnancy and your friends death are a double whammy for depression. (But, I here you say, I'm suppose to be happy about a child. That's different, your hormones are running wild). Depression can make you do things that aren't necessarily good for you or your pregnancy.

Which means you need to be extra good to yourself. Part of what I say, that stings, is that I want you to listen and understand that you need to be gentler and more respectful to yourself. Your under tremendous stress right now. You need to give yourself more breaks. Forgive yourself and others, no matter who might be responsible. That forgiveness is to lighten your own load.

And you need to seek professional help; all that you can get.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:10 am

Yes exactly. I often think the same to be honest, like would depression affect myself and the pregnancy? Would I miscarry? Things like that go through my head all the time and I have no answers?
Yes suppose to be a happy time and instead it's a very stressful, painful, hurtful time for me. It sucks.

It's easier said than done though Frame? But I totally know what you're saying.... I should take care more and be more careful on what I do and things I do etc... Take things slow. I try that all the time, but it doesn't work. I did that in my last pregnancy and ended up miscarrying. I feel like I should be punishing myself though? Is that seriously normal?

Okay thank you.
Yes I see my GP tomorrow and my midwife on Thursday. But still unsure about any counselling.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:18 am

Can't cope being pregnant and being depressed.

Anybody got any tips on how I can reduce my stress levels and calm down?

Freaking out loads here
:(

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 am

Does anyone know how to cope with being pregnant and having depression/suicidal thoughts?

Needing advice like ASAP!!

tina1121

Postby tina1121 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:19 am

Hey there,

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. Have you been receiving any prenatal care? I understand you're young and were recently kicked out but there may be programs available where you can receive free prenatal care through a community clinic, free clinic, or planned parenthood. At the visits, they should be screening you for depression and should be able to offer opportunities for therapy, whether pharmacological or psychological or both.

If that's not an option, which I can understand, just try your best to take care of yourself. What are some ways you have coped in the past that work? Is your partner supportive?

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 am

Hey there,

This thread is old now aha..
But thankyou for your reply :)
Am not pregnant anymore... Recently miscarried :( :(

And no I had no support what so ever.
My ex partner was no help at all.
He was useless infact!!

Feel so useless and depressed.

tina1121

Postby tina1121 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:24 am

I'm sorry to hear that you miscarried. I hope you got rid of him if he was useless! hah :)

Hope things have improved a bit since.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 am

It's fine not your fault, but thank you :) :D

Yes he is no longer in my life...
Well we still do have sex, but we aren't together nomore.

Thank you :)
Things have gotten much worse actually. I feel so depressed and desperate.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 am

This thread makes me realise how much I miss being pregnant? :( :(
I would love to be pregnant again...

Wish I wasn't so depressed.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”