A friend looks to much like my first love; what to do?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Tcrumpen

A friend looks to much like my first love; what to do?

Postby Tcrumpen » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:19 pm

OK so last year i feel quite badly for my best friend and lets say things didn't pan out too well causing me to get a mild case of depression which i'm still fighting, i am recovering however this year in my attempt to try and do some new things i joined a new society at uni and i love it, however one of the other people there has the same kind of face and hair as this girl (no i'm not copying and pasting features onto another girl, too me they look quite close)

Anyway when i look at her (even casually) i can't help but imagine the other girl there (my first love), which makes me feel slightly depressed, now i'm not sure what to do about it, i feel like talking about it to her just so its out there and i don't keep bottling it up, however apprently this falls under the "you look like my ex" situation and although she isn't single i've been tld that to a girl thats quite a insult

I don't want to have to quit the society beacuse of just one person especially as i like it so much

Alaska1958

Postby Alaska1958 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:10 pm

What comes to mind is that if you give it six months or a year, I think it will resolve itself. You will get to know this girl as who she is rather than your first love. I don't really think you should tell her about the similarity unless you get to know her well.

For a time you will have this reaction to her, but think you can put the feeling in a separate part of your mind and just interact with her as you would otherwise. That's the best advice I can give you anyway.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”