Page 1 of 1

Mission Accomplished

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:26 pm
by Frame
I did it. It's the end of the day and I've finished what I set out to do. I was a reasonable set of goals. So why do I feel sad? Don't answer; that was a rhetorical question. But but here is another one. Why do I feel better setting and failing at unreasonable goals than I do when I accomplish something? Ok, discuss.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:46 pm
by Coffee7201
Hi Frame:

Very interesting topic, I can definitely relate.

Why do I feel better setting and failing at unreasonable goals than I do when I accomplish something – That is a very interesting question.

Here is what I think, for myself. When I am in a healthy frame of mind, I know I can accomplish a lot. I am a fairly smart lady, and I can be quite determine and aggressive. In my office, I can be quite the go getter.

However, when I am in my down state of mind (as I am now) I know what I am capable of, and what I have accomplished in the past and I am I am unsatisfied that I can not accomplish the same. Thus, the vicious circle begins.

Does that make sense

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:03 am
by Pilule
You're briefly happy because you did something you like, in a reasonable time frame, but you soon get sad, because you know you're not going to accomplish what you set out to do again anytime soon?

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 am
by SMcGregor
Although we can become aware of our subconscious reluctance towards learning, we often have difficulty in changing the feelings that we experience. This is because our conscious desire comes up against our existing habit and belief. Therefore 12% of your mind is battling with the other 88%. If you make this a battle of conscious will, you experience stress as you fight to discipline yourself to study, enduring much pain and suffering.


Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:11 pm
by 4EverMe
Hi Frame,
Could it be that you're not feeling encouragement from those you love most?
As human beings, it's nice to receive sort of recognition, when we succeed. It's human nature, as opposed to arrogance.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:04 pm
by Frame
It's really fascinating how peoples thoughts can coalesce in separate parts of the world and at different times. I wrote this post on the fourth 4ever, but just this morning I responded to a member that spoke of having low serotonin levels since childhood. And it occured to me; there are times in my live as a child when support and affection was withdrawn. It wasn't malign or a punishment. It's just how life went. And serotonin levels are linked to warmth and affection. So it got me thinking. Love and affection, by the way, were also lacking in my ex-wife and her whole family.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 pm
by 4EverMe
Hi Frame,
When I wrote what I did, this was what I had in mind. (the lack of support you had growing up)
Rather than touch upon this point, though, I thought it would be better to present my idea in a way where you'd figure this possibility on your own. I also realize that you don't have the environment of your sisyet.who's staying with you.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm
by 4EverMe
What's written above just goes to show how my cellphn works at times!

The word 'environment' was supposed to be 'encouragement!' On THAT note, I should add that it's sad how, at times, those who should be offering the most consolation are those closest to us. But...too many people live under boulders.

Yes, I do isolate myself, though I'm working on this, but if I ever reach a point where I don't give a crap about how low someone else is feeling? In a state like this, why not cease breathing?

Love, I believe, is our main reason for existence...If we don't have compassion for others, we can't expect it for ourselves. Frame, this was not in reference to you, but to society as a whole! (individually and collectively)
Reminds me of the words: Blessed are the merciful, for, they shall obtain mercy.